Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Why does Sleepyhead data not match my machine's data?
Why does Sleepyhead data not match my machine's data?
I have ramp turned off, but Sleepyhead still tells me that my AHI is much lower than what my machine tells me. What would be the reason for this?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Why does Sleepyhead data not match my machine's data?
I don't understand. Please describe your logic about the correlation of the ramp feature and the AHI value. Do you have your machine reporting day, week or month for the AHI?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Apparently if you have the ramp feature tuned on, Sleepyhead repots out inaccurate data. My ramp is off, but sleepyhead is giving me an AHI that is completely different from what the machine itself is telling me.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-05-2017, 04:12 PM)Ihaveapnea Wrote: Apparently if you have the ramp feature tuned on, Sleepyhead repots out inaccurate data.
That is the first that I have heard of that.

When do you sleep? The machines have a pre-defined definition of a day. If you sleep across that, and the machine definition does not match what is configured in SH that would explain a difference. Or you might have some of the sessions in a day turned off in SH. Or your data in SH might have gotten corrupted, try rebuilding it.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-05-2017, 02:29 PM)Ihaveapnea Wrote: I have ramp turned off, but Sleepyhead still tells me that my AHI is much lower than what my machine tells me. What would be the reason for this?

Ramp is a comfort feature and I do not know how it enters the AHI calculation unless the ramp time is so long and your sleep time is so short, that it cause a lower AHI number. But, that is not likely.

Sometimes I sleep past 12:00p.m. (I will go to sleep at 5 a.m.) when ResMed starts it day and I will have a grossly different number for both ResScan and my Machine which match -- but SleepyHead knows it was a single night's sleep and reports the number as if the number of hours were correct and contiguous.

As for the difference between what my A10, ResScan, and SleepyHead are reporting -- ResScan tends to round off my numbers to a single decimal place, where Sleepyhead reports to two decimal places. Example: today SleepyHead reported my AHI as .45 and ResScan reported my AHI as 0.4 -- and my machine (period = 1 day) reports 0.4. The time-based data values in the detailed data graphs are carried out to two decimal places.

I suggest you chart your discrepancies: total sleep time, begin and end time, AHI reported for both your machine and Sleepyhead to see if you can resolve your issue. Sleepyhead does not manufacture data, but used the data from your machine.

As Chill suggested it could be corrupted data ... so backup your data and put it in a safe place and then rebuild the data records. It could also be a corrupted SD card that needs to be reformatted. Since 2008, I have not had an SD card fail or a corrupted data file. But, it has been known to happen. Keep track of the discrepancies before playing with the data.

Best wishes solving your conundrum and having a restful sleep.

"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
I had thought perhaps that things get rounded off as my AHI on SH and Resscan are always different. I often sleep past noon but have my S9 clock set 12 hours off so I can also get a correct reading on my cpap.

Other than that, my SH is all glitched out. missing data, no 90% averages past the first week and everytime I use it I have to reset the data or the numbers are off.

I have a thread started on this in the software forum with a few suggestions but I haven't tried anything because basically I'm frustrated and tired of screwing around with it and it not working out. Resscan get's my vote at this point by far.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-06-2017, 03:54 AM)Lanco Wrote: Other than that, my SH is all glitched out. missing data, no 90% averages past the first week and everytime I use it I have to reset the data or the numbers are off.

1. Have you tried a re-install of the software (keeping your old data).
2. If the data is truly corrupted, you might want to back up what you have on a DVD or some other media and then blow it away and start fresh. Be sure to remove all of the data and settings files to insure a fresh install.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, I usually sleep from 10 PM to 7 AM. I'll take a look at the settings in Sleepyhead and see if they are off. I appreciate it.
It sounds like we have run into the same problem. I'll look into getting Rescan for myself. Thank you.
That's a good idea, that's what I'll do. Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
It sounds like we have run into the same problem. I'll look into getting Rescan for myself. Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OSCAR Technology - Install & Data Aquisition Details EasySleep 3 74 4 hours ago
Last Post: EasySleep
  Journey to cure UARS. OSCAR data attached gzaw 3 819 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: gzaw
  Analyzing OSCAR DATA givememyusername 0 55 Yesterday, 08:49 AM
Last Post: givememyusername
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 0 51 03-17-2024, 07:09 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  Help interpreting iMatrix resvent Data Adamby1047 0 56 03-16-2024, 12:59 PM
Last Post: Adamby1047
Sad Can someone help me analyze my OSCAR data? senseisaitama 3 139 03-15-2024, 06:28 PM
Last Post: senseisaitama
  How does my OSCAR data look? gohoos1998 1 80 03-15-2024, 10:22 AM
Last Post: Expat31

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.