Mask Type: Other
Mask Make & Model: Respironics "FitLife"
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 10-20
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: Began CPAP in 2006; spent the first 6 years with a "brick"

Sex: Male

RE: Why is it so difficult?
(12-16-2012 08:29 PM)Roxy Wrote:  I believe it was the RT at my DME who mentioned the idea of a different kind of mask, which has been my solution. It's the Respironics FitLife, which may look scary to some because it covers the whole face.

Doesn't it bother you when it covers your eyes? Does the air blow into your eyes? I would think that I would feel claustrophobic

Roxy--To answer your questions about the FitLife, first, I was pleasantly surprised to discover that it is not at all claustrophobic! Matter of fact, it's less claustrophobic than a FFM, probably because there are no mask frame sides that are visible running just beyond the sides of my nose. No eye problems either. The air doesn't blow into the eyes; it's coming in near the bottom of the mask where the hose connects. I recall Respironics' description of the mask that mentions it being easy on the eyes because of the large area inside the mask allowing the air to be evenly spread or some statement along that line.
12-17-2012 08:09 AM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
Dawei Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: ResMed S9 AutoSet
Mask Type: Other
Mask Make & Model: Respironics "FitLife"
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 10-20
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: Began CPAP in 2006; spent the first 6 years with a "brick"

Sex: Male

RE: Why is it so difficult?
Roxy--I checked Respironics' description of the FitLife re: eyes. It says the pressure and flow inside the mask are equalized to minimize eye irritation.
12-17-2012 11:26 AM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Chest infection and difficult breathig JamesW 7 465 09-04-2016 08:08 PM
Last Post: Mosquitobait
  Are non-snorers more difficult to treat? Jimsp1 4 499 01-10-2016 05:50 PM
Last Post: Kadenz
  [Equipment] Very Difficult to be compliant my nasal pillow hurts the inside of my nose soo much WakemeupBeforeYouGoGo 28 8,318 04-25-2015 04:21 PM
Last Post: BadGoodDeb
Exclaimation [Treatment] Best treatment modality for my difficult to treat UARS Sleep-Seeker 1 1,435 01-20-2015 02:35 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred