Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Why is it so difficult?
RE: Why is it so difficult?
(12-16-2012, 08:29 PM)Roxy Wrote: I believe it was the RT at my DME who mentioned the idea of a different kind of mask, which has been my solution. It's the Respironics FitLife, which may look scary to some because it covers the whole face.

Doesn't it bother you when it covers your eyes? Does the air blow into your eyes? I would think that I would feel claustrophobic

Roxy--To answer your questions about the FitLife, first, I was pleasantly surprised to discover that it is not at all claustrophobic! Matter of fact, it's less claustrophobic than a FFM, probably because there are no mask frame sides that are visible running just beyond the sides of my nose. No eye problems either. The air doesn't blow into the eyes; it's coming in near the bottom of the mask where the hose connects. I recall Respironics' description of the mask that mentions it being easy on the eyes because of the large area inside the mask allowing the air to be evenly spread or some statement along that line.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Why is it so difficult?
Roxy--I checked Respironics' description of the FitLife re: eyes. It says the pressure and flow inside the mask are equalized to minimize eye irritation.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Symptoms] Difficult to exhale by end of night threerottencats 0 458 08-12-2023, 11:19 AM
Last Post: threerottencats
  [CPAP] First time user — is it normal that breathing out the nose is difficult? dandebruyner 9 1,312 07-23-2023, 05:23 AM
Last Post: dandebruyner
  Crazy Breathing Patterns, Difficult with CPAP Post Covid asuter060514 7 1,065 09-11-2021, 10:13 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  Philips Dreamstation difficult to turn off fedupbeingafatlady 5 2,347 06-01-2021, 01:00 PM
Last Post: Ratchick
  Surge from ASV makes it difficult to get back to sleep Heartman 9 1,555 08-04-2020, 08:24 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Sad [Equipment] I think someone isn't happy I bought a used machine. Why should this be difficult. knix6 3 1,155 07-01-2020, 08:17 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Nuance Pro - do you find it difficult to point it into your nostrils? Hydrangea 7 1,434 12-15-2019, 06:15 PM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.