Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Why is my Flowrate so spikey?
RE: Why is my Flowrate so spikey?
agreed. these earlier screenshots at flex 2 look only slightly better than flex 3. much better with flex off but might as well try flex 1 hoping to thread the needle between the hairbrushy flow rate & easier exhale. I think you understand the strategy so experiment with pressure & flex a bit, making one change at a time, with a couple/few days between each change. assuming you weren't prone to them prior to apap, you should see the centrals drop off in time which should leave you feeling more comfortable & better rested. post again as you see fit.

there are better informed members here, particularly with pr machines so now's a good time for others to weigh in with additional suggestions...
  Shy   I have no particular qualifications or expertise with respect to the apnea/cpap/sleep related content of my posts beyond my own user experiences and what I've learned from others on this site. Each of us bears the burden of evaluating the validity and applicability of what we read here before acting on it.  

Post Reply Post Reply
Given that this is a System One machine, I think it's time to start considering a new replacement. I see a lot of evidence of flow limitation that might benefit from the Resmed EPR (exhale pressure relief) that acts much more like bilevel. Hard to know if it would affect the CA events, but the System One is due for replacement and is subject to the Philips defective foam recall anyway. https://www.usa.philips.com/healthcare/e...src-update If you have not done so, you should register for replacement, but since the Philips Dreamstation 2 has encrypted data, I prefer to see a change to Resmed Autoset, especially since you probably qualify for replacement under insurance by now.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've found increasing to a single pressure without flex has a good impact on my AHI and flowrate's uniformity. Though it's not perfect, I think I know the strategy to tweak the settings. 

Thanks Sheepless a lot for your guidance. I really appreciate it!

Sleeprider, thanks for pointing that out. I'm actually expecting a Resmed Airsense 11 Autoset, but won't be getting it for a while (~2 months and counting). Which is why I got a second-hand System One machine for the time being.
Post Reply Post Reply
the chart from the 21st looks soooo much better. here's hoping it keeps trending that way!
  Shy   I have no particular qualifications or expertise with respect to the apnea/cpap/sleep related content of my posts beyond my own user experiences and what I've learned from others on this site. Each of us bears the burden of evaluating the validity and applicability of what we read here before acting on it.  

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  'Near-perfect' flowrate graphs CPAPnerd 7 472 02-11-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Better flowrate at lower pressure Nsmon1313 6 689 05-16-2023, 01:09 PM
Last Post: Nsmon1313
  Need Help Understanding and Addrssing FlowRate Anomalies Melman 1 883 07-21-2019, 06:17 PM
Last Post: sheepless
  Questions about OA and flowrate silversnore 3 1,311 04-15-2017, 03:59 PM
Last Post: kwhenrykerr
  [Symptoms] Flowrate pattern Juanito 13 4,666 01-10-2016, 01:08 PM
Last Post: DariaVader

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.