Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Why is my machine resetting itself?
Why is my machine resetting itself?
So for the last week my machine has been doing something it had never done in the past. When I wake up in the morning and I hit the stop button on my machine it will show me the usage time and then reset itself and show anywhere from 1 to 7 seconds of usage even though it never turned itself back on for those additional seconds. When I put my SD card in and download to Sleepyhead it shows me the correct usage time. Why is my machine though doing this? I can't look at my AHI on my machine like I used to because it only shows those additional seconds and shows an AHI of 0 on the machine. Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Why is my machine resetting itself?
My first thought is clock rollover. The machine's day starts noon. I would first check the date and time the machine is set to.
Internal clocks being off are sometimes found when a machine was in the Continental US, then sent to a different time zone like Hawaii.

My second thought is effectively a reboot. Pull the power and give it a few minutes for all capacitors to discharge; then power up.

Kindest Regards,

Mongo
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
unplug the machine, wait few minutes and plug back
sometimes, rebooting fix the problem
if not, talk to your DME, the machine has a two years warranty, might be malfunctioning

check the clock showing the correct time date
Post Reply Post Reply
The clock definitely isn't showing the correct time, but I try resetting it and it tells me it can't set the time for the past. How do you get it on the correct time if the machine is ahead of current time, but it won't let you set it for an earlier time?
Post Reply Post Reply
It issues that warning because there is data for the time you are trying to set to.
You wait until the internal clock is past noon and there is no data. You set it back as much as you can.
You may have to do this incrementally over a few days until you get the internal clock back far enough to match your local time.

There is a nuclear option: delete existing data in the machine. But you lose your compliance data; and I think it defaults other settings. So, it's last resort.

BTW -- approximately how far ahead is it?
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-13-2015, 06:36 AM)wxmcpo Wrote: The clock definitely isn't showing the correct time, but I try resetting it and it tells me it can't set the time for the past. How do you get it on the correct time if the machine is ahead of current time, but it won't let you set it for an earlier time?

What time is the clock showing, and what's the real time?

I think the A10 machines set their clock by the wireless modem

On the S9, you can set it back, but you can't go before any time when there is data. For instance:

Get up at 8 AM, turn the machine off, wait till 8:01 PM. You should be able to set the machine back up to 12 hours.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-13-2015, 11:44 AM)archangle Wrote: I think the A10 machines set their clock by the wireless modem

No, they drift like a wind-up Timex Annoyed-and-disappointed
They should use the built -in modem signal; It's guaranteed accurate - just like your cell phone. And they could build in the time-zone and DST changes as well.

They aren't as customer centered as they claim to be.

oldman
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-13-2015, 11:44 AM)archangle Wrote: I think the A10 machines set their clock by the wireless modem

No they don't (or at least mine doesn't) because it drifts by a few minutes every month. With a built in cell modem there is *no* *reason* for this except incompetent design.
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-13-2015, 06:31 PM)pholynyk Wrote: They should use the built -in modem signal; It's guaranteed accurate - just like your cell phone. And they could build in the time-zone and DST changes as well.

To be fair cell phones, at least the Adroid ones I am familiar with, can be up to 30 seconds off because they only keep track to the minute and there is no internal seconds clock.

For what we pay for these things (well, for what my insurance paid) they could be controlled by a built in Android notepad with a nice big touch screen and an app to display your results and communicate with your computers via wifi or bluetooth in addition to the cell phone.

Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply
Interesting point about the Android system (display) clock. Another stupid design choice. The clocks in the modems have to be accurate (and synchronized) so that they can pass off from one cell zone to the next without drop-outs. That clock should be made available to the OS.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,205 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  machine died! Now new doctor and new machine Bjazzman 17 6,799 09-05-2022, 09:07 PM
Last Post: NValtman11
  [CPAP] Using SoClean Machine with CPAP Machine ronald1810 4 1,320 06-01-2022, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Resetting Dreamstation Stu486 6 2,320 05-07-2022, 08:21 AM
Last Post: StratCat48
  Resetting of blower hours? hearsay73 10 5,421 01-29-2021, 04:59 PM
Last Post: Remember2Breathe
  Pin from power plug stuck in machine ResMed cpap machine B10576 12 6,757 04-08-2018, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Hellodare
  On/off button issue & mysterious machine resetting itself mmorans5 3 1,720 07-03-2017, 07:31 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.