Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Why is my pressure alaways at top level?
Why is my pressure alaways at top level?
It doesn't matter if i'm sleeping or in waking state or setting pressure higher - it's always at maximum.
if I increase the pressure too much - i wake up because of the pain in my stomach (aerophagia?).
What that means or i do something wrong?

I have light apnea and possible UARS.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Why is my pressure alaways at top level?
I'm stumped. Enter the clinical menu and make sure Essentials is set to "Plus".
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-12-2022, 09:30 AM)Sleepster Wrote: I'm stumped. Enter the clinical menu and make sure Essentials is set to "Plus".

Yes, i did it, was at "On".
Post Reply Post Reply
Your pressure chart is showing your minimum IPAP pressure. Look at the stats in the left pane.
The first screenshot has these settings: PS 3.0 over 5.0-8.0 which will give you an IPAP pressure range of 8.0-11.0
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-12-2022, 09:33 AM)kakadyi Wrote: Yes, i did it, was at "On".

Okay, maybe that will fix things.
Sleepster

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-12-2022, 09:46 AM)Jeff8356 Wrote: The first screenshot has these settings: PS 3.0 over 5.0-8.0 which will give you an IPAP pressure range of 8.0-11.0

The minEPAP is 5.0. The maxIPAP is 8.0. With PS set at 3.0, the machine is stuck at those pressures. Maybe that's the problem.
Sleepster

Post Reply Post Reply
If you manually change the scale you will see both pressures.  Look at Mask Pressure and you will see it changing on every breath.
Your settings are 
MININIUM EPAP = 5
MAXIMIUM IPAP = 8
PS =  3 

So start at 5 add the difference (PS) of 3 to that so 8 for IPAP BUT do NOT go over that MAXIMIUM value of 8

Increase your Max IPAP to something higher say 10,  Min is set to 25 and I NEVER go near that..
Post Reply Post Reply
Regarding documentation:
"In VAuto mode, the AutoSet algorithm automatically adjusts pressure in response to flow limitation, snore and obstructive apneas."
So why my IPAP pressure rising up to max value even if i don't need it?
In example, i set EPAP to 5cm, IPAP to 25cm, i lying in waking state, obviously i don't have flow limitation, snore or OSA - but my pressure will always grow from 5cm to maximum 25cm even if i don't need it.
So where is automatic algorithm? Why this pressure always same and why doesn't it match my breath?
What is the difference between my machine and 100$ brick except inhale&exhale diff pressure? I thought that IPAP pressure will always difference regarding to flow limitation (and no more than max IPAP), but it just rises from min to max and nothing else.
Seems like it works like dumb CPAP.
Post Reply Post Reply
In vAuto mode, the Pressure Support remains constant, while the EPAP varies in response to flow limitations and obstructive events.
Basically, if you want the EPAP to vary, you must set your Max IPAP to be greater than the sum of Min EPAP plus Pressure Support.

From the Clinician's Manual:
Pressure support allows you to set the difference between inspiratory and expiratory pressure and
is fixed throughout the night. Min EPAP and Max IPAP settings allow you to restrict the delivered
pressure ranges in which the AutoSet algorithm can operate.

You can get a copy of the Clinician's Manual by clicking on the CPAP Setup Manuals link in the black menu bar at the top of each page.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
We would need to see your daily charts to see why your pressures increases to the max.  Please do so in a new thread or your thread if you have already started one.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bi-Level Help, Prisma 25ST Macka 0 80 03-21-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Macka
  [CPAP] PRISMA SMART MAX PROBLEMS WITH SOFTPAP LEVEL 2 rretamalt 18 2,001 03-19-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: motivationalGust
  New Bi Level AC/11 VAUTO skcampbell2 19 454 03-18-2024, 02:27 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  APAP->Bi-level Titrating sleepymf 8 584 03-11-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: sleepymf
  humidity level frustration sleepingbetterinFl 2 155 03-08-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  For those that have switched from PAP to Bi-level... CPAPnerd 7 430 01-23-2024, 05:26 PM
Last Post: tbhausen
  Extremely rapid breathing on bi-level (28 resp. rate) Too Sleepy 52 4,462 01-01-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: Fixit50

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.