Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Why is my time not being recorded correctly?
Why is my time not being recorded correctly?
I'm new here and am pretty concerned about an issue with my C-pap. I sure hope someone can help. I read a few similar stories on this board today, but now I can't locate them. So, I know this is a common issue. Please pardon me, if it's been answered before. I'm trying to see if there has been any recent info that might help me.

I'm not sure how much of my information will appear with my username, but it's a Resmed Air Sense 10 Automatic. My pressure automatic 4 -6. Gel nasal pillows.

I've been using it religiously since June and have a great record. I am registered with Resmed My Air and have scored between 96-100 almost every night, with no leaks.

I have a good seal and only take it off perhaps once or twice per night.

My average incidents are between .1 and .5 per night.

My normal hours are from 7-8 hrs. per night. HOWEVER, on 3 different occasions lately, it has only logged me with 1 hr. 42 minutes, 1 hr. 50 minutes, and 1 hour 49 minutes. I have no explanation, as I have done everything the same each night. These off nights are no different from any other night, save the wrong info on my machine.

Each time, I went to bed before midnight and when I awoke and turned it off, it was still blowing air, so I know it was on in the morning. I know it was on when I went to bed, as I always check the pressure under the nasal pillow.

My local rep is out today, but based on past experiences, I'm not optimistic that she will know anything about it or care to find out what the matter is.

If other machines are doing the same thing, I'm not sure how an exchange will help, though, I think that is what she will suggest.

Any ideas are welcome.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Why is my time not being recorded correctly?
Post or PM me a
copy of your SD card and I'll look at it. Let me know what the problem nights are.

Be sure to not take your card out of the machine immediately after you turn the machine off. Is it possible you took the card out right after turning the machine off on those days? Any power outages.

Another suggestion. Turn the machine off and unplug it for 10 minutes or so at some time. Sometimes the computer needs a reset.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
Okay. I'll figure out how and do that.

I have it plugged into a surge protector. My alarm clock is also plugged into it and I have not seen any blinking that might indicate the power went out.
Post Reply Post Reply
Is your sleep schedule regular? The machine tends to consider a "day" to be noon to noon. If you sleep really late or do different sleep periods, sometimes your data will end up in another "day."

Also, check to see what the clock on your machine is set to. If it is set to the wrong time or time zone, that can confuse the issue.

Instructions to send a copy of the SD cards are in the link in my post above.

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._your_data
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Prancy,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Much success to you in getting your machine problems straightend out and also with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you so much for your support. I really appreciate it, Archangle and Trish6hundred.

I normally go to bed between 11:00 p.m. and 11:40 p.m. each night and awake between 6:00 and 7:30 a.m. I'll check the times on the machine as you suggest and copy my card.
Post Reply Post Reply
It's really ironic. Last night I got a score of 100 on Resmed Myair.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 58 913 2 hours ago
Last Post: Schernenk
  [CPAP] CPAP works, but at the same time doesn't AUniqueUsername 8 168 10 hours ago
Last Post: OpalRose
  Oscar 1.4.0 software time change keithy62 2 121 04-12-2024, 05:14 AM
Last Post: keithy62
  Long Time PAPer Trying to Dial It In again! dlbzone 5 265 04-11-2024, 09:26 PM
Last Post: dlbzone
  30 second apnea with no event recorded - please explain tcinoz 0 77 04-08-2024, 03:47 AM
Last Post: tcinoz
  Air11 now does daylight savings time! cathyf 5 297 03-27-2024, 06:51 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,958 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.