Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Why is the hose type in the clinician settings?
Why is the hose type in the clinician settings?
Shouldn't the hose type be in the patient selectable settings?

Doesn't make sense to me.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Why is the hose type in the clinician settings?
Because it makes a pretty significant difference in the therapy if you get it wrong and most people don't know the difference between 15 and 22 mm and if it's heated or not. Also once you have a hose you don't normally change the type very often if at all. So it's better to put it in the clinician's menu than to have someone inadvertently change it to the wrong selection.
Post Reply Post Reply
I wonder how many people swap out a 2 meter standard hose for a 3 meter because they desire a longer hose?
Likely doesn't matter on a brick. But, I would guess it might mess up the FOT algorithm where the pressure is modulated at 4 Hz and the reflection "listened" to (by perhaps either the flow meter or snore sensor) to score a central or OSA.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
The one that confuses me is that, at least on the PRS1 machines, while the value of C-Flex / A-Flex (the PRS1 equivalent of EPR) can be set to 1, 2, or 3 by the patient (unless locked out), turning it off (setting it to 0) is in the Clinician's menu.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-08-2014, 11:24 AM)justMongo Wrote: Shouldn't the hose type be in the patient selectable settings?

I believe that on the S9, the clinician can give patient access to the hose setting, but it's been a long time since I used an S9.

On the older PR System Ones, the hose setting can only be changed from the clinical menu. On the newer ones, like my hubby's brand new System One Series 60 APAP, the hose setting CAN be controlled from the patient menu, at least if the clinician set it up that way. I was pleasantly surprised that when I was swapping out a hose to clean his default 22mm hose with one of my clean and dry 15mm ones, that I did NOT have to go into the clinical menu.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-08-2014, 12:55 PM)RonWessels Wrote: The one that confuses me is that, at least on the PRS1 machines, while the value of C-Flex / A-Flex (the PRS1 equivalent of EPR) can be set to 1, 2, or 3 by the patient (unless locked out), turning it off (setting it to 0) is in the Clinician's menu.
Yep. This has always bothered me too.

One thing that they did fix on the (newer) Series 60 machines are the ramp settings:

On my Series 50 System One machine the clinician can give the patient access to the starting ramp pressure, but the ramp time can only be set inside the clinical menu, which never made sense to me. On hubby's brand new Series 60 System One, the clinician can set it up so that the patient can change both the starting ramp and the ramp time.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-08-2014, 11:24 AM)justMongo Wrote: Shouldn't the hose type be in the patient selectable settings?

Short answer: yes (SlimLine/Standard) but only if ClimateLine is not connected (as the S9 can tell when the heated hose is connected)

There is a long answer but now going for blood test and had no cup of tea this morning and getting hungry ... talk later Coffee

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Suggestions for correcting class 6 flow type on Oscar Gugliano 5 226 03-03-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Admin Note] Wanted: ResMed AirCurve 11 Clinical Guides (Clinician Manuals) SuperSleeper 1 234 03-01-2024, 09:14 AM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
Question Hose volume Willw 4 217 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 218 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  How often to replace mask, hose, etc. bigla6940 6 543 12-30-2023, 07:00 AM
Last Post: bigla6940
  Do I have to "clean" my heated CPAP hose? Labromaniac 13 1,246 12-28-2023, 04:23 PM
Last Post: Palmtrees
  Oxygen into CPAP hose when at high altitude Lfmichel 4 526 12-20-2023, 09:39 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.