Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Why is this not tagged? [CA events]
Why is this not tagged? [CA events]
Hi
On my third week. I still haven't played with any of my settings, and haven't met with my doctor again.
I'm slowly getting to understand the mask, the data, and sleepyhead.

Originally the main problems I had was snoring, stopping my breath, and drops in spO2 levels (to ~80%)

With my machine, spO2 levels are really good - I almost never drop below 90%. I have a few events, and I wake up more often than before, but I think that will settle slowly.

This night I had one drop below 90%, and I wanted to understand why this happened (since the reason for these drops in my case were not diagnosed)

I noticed that at the time of the drop I had several cases where I stopped breathing - I took 5 breaths in ~80 seconds. 

My question is why were these not tagged as CA? It seems to me that all conditions for CA are present: no breathing, and air seems to move freely in and out.
Going manually over my data last night, I can see quite a lot of these events - breathing stops, spO2 goes down, and only very few of them are tagged. The ResMed also does not respond to these events - doesn't increase or decrease pressure. Though I'm not sure what it is supposed to do with CAs.

Below is overall sleepyhead view, and a zoom to one of the regions - the "largest" drop.

Notice that just before these events, my CPAP was off, though I was sleeping/dozing with my mask on. Not sure how this happened. It took me a long time to figure out something was wrong... 

full night overview [Image: QpIM7xN.png]
Zoom to region in question[Image: impIvqg.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Why is this not tagged? [CA events]
I fixed your image links so they were links and clickable.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
If you look at the bottom of the events chart you'll see you had some flow limitations occuring at the same time as the O2 drop.

Drops in O2 are normal during sleep. It's not a concern until you start going below 90% for any length of time. Short dips are not a worry.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
I'm not sure I understand. First, I don't see the flow limitations that you refer to. In the events chart I see two events in the PC lane, pulse change. Are you referring to these, or should I look somewhere else?

I'm totally not concerned about the oxygen drops! It is so much better than before! I just want to understand why they occur - because I'm still not sure what exactly it is I have.

I am concerned about CA events, hoping that they don't get worse with time.
And I'm wondering why Resmed's software didn't detect these events.
Post Reply Post Reply
NOTE: I think I see what is going on here. It is imply the cleanest events that are tagged, so just ignore my question below.

Here is another example, though I'm not sure it is the same problem.

[Image: xQwNwtO.png]

In this region, 7 CA events are tagged, but I would count something like 12. Is Resmed missing half of the events, or are these not actually CA events?
Post Reply Post Reply
I did not check them all.  By definition an event must be 10 seconds or longer.  Definitely shorter events are occurring. 

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
I misspoke about the flow limitations. I was looking at the wrong chart. Sorry about that!
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trying to Reduce CA Events chrotteg 13 398 1 hour ago
Last Post: stevew168
  Still tired and CA events liebano 1 39 5 hours ago
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,405 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Central events while falling asleep michaelyu15 7 273 03-20-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: michaelyu15
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 120 03-17-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2
  15-minute periods of massive events (OSCAR pics included) nicholasb600 2 182 03-14-2024, 09:42 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Why does my clear airway events keep increasing? deirdrepen 3 272 03-12-2024, 02:37 AM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.