Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Why my next machine will be a Resmed
RE: Why my next machine will be a Resmed
I agree with you Mark. If you don't have a preference, your own situation may show one machine better for you than the other.

I'm getting an Autoset for Her mostly because I had to pick one. Both Autoset for Her and the current Respironics 60 Auto cpap track RERAs, which is my issue. I would have preferred to try a loaner of each for a 2 week period to decide if there was any difference in my results or interaction with the machine, but they don't offer that as a choice.

That said, neither machine has a well designed humidifier that is accessible for handicapped persons who are not very flexible or whose hands shake. You have to be very careful with the Resmed Airsense so that you don't get water into the machine or you wreck it. The new 60 series is set up with an odd angle (for a handicapped person) to remove the humidifier. With the 'dry box' technology, that is perhaps a little better for this situation, but so far, my brother has been unable to remove the humidifier himself, so I do it.
Post Reply Post Reply
I prefer the Resmed Air Sense 10 Autoset, Mainly because it is way smaller than the PR machines. It fits nicely on my night stand taking up as much space as a clock. The PR was so big with humidifier I told the DME no way.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-05-2015, 02:23 PM)Adoniscmj Wrote: I prefer the Resmed Air Sense 10 Autoset, Mainly because it is way smaller than the PR machines. It fits nicely on my night stand taking up as much space as a clock. The PR was so big with humidifier I told the DME no way.

Having lost so much of my life to OSA I don't care about the physical package at all my only concern is results to make the best of whatever life I have remaining to me. I will accommodate whatever room a machine requires. Mosquitobait makes a good point I can see a good shake getting water where it shouldn't especially on a boat in big seas or hard tack. I was motivated to get what I did because of the auto bilevel feature. As I am a cash customer did not want to risk getting a machine that was not sufficient for my then unknown needs. I have not regretted that choice (except for still searching for the right mask) I find the machine's air supply to be very comfortable and I look forward to going to bed now days. Smile
I use my PAP machine nightly and I feel great!
Updated: Philips Respironics System One (60 Series)
RemStar BiPAP Auto with Bi-FlexModel 760P -
Rise Time x3 Fixed Bi-Level EPAP 9.0 IPAP 11.5 (cmH2O)
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-05-2015, 10:58 AM)DocWils Wrote: cobblers - cobbler's awls - balls (rhyming slang) - it means that it is nonsense, rubbish, outdated, ineffective, etc, depending on the context. Surely some of you speak English?

Of course, we speak the most common form of the English language-Mexican English. Big Grin

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't think you could go wrong with either one (now that Resmed includes RERAs). If I had one and needed another, I would also get the other company's product, as one might prove to be a favorite over the other for whatever reason. If you have a particular need beyond straight OSA therapy, further research might be warranted; one might be superior for a particular medical need.

But for OSA they are probably therapeutically identical. You also can't conclude one having a lower AHI means it works better on a week or two's sample. You really can't base anything in xPAP on a week or two's sample, at least not accurately or conclusively.

Coke and Pepsi.
Post Reply Post Reply
I like my PR System One Auto Flex, but if I were in a market for a second machine, I would buy the AutoSet for Her because I need to check RERA's.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
.....and your PR System One Auto Flex does not score RERAs?

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-05-2015, 04:54 PM)PaytonA Wrote: .....and your PR System One Auto Flex does not score RERAs?

According to PRS1 provider guide, does score RERAs and period breathing
ResMed is catching up but not there yet in this dept

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-05-2015, 04:54 PM)PaytonA Wrote: .....and your PR System One Auto Flex does not score RERAs?

Yes, sorry PaytonA, I did not make myself clear. I'm aware that my PR System One tracks RERAs....I look at this almost every day, as it affects my sleep.

What I meant to say was if I wanted a second or a machine to try other than a PR, then I would only purchase one that could track RERAs. Wink
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-05-2015, 08:17 AM)Mark Douglas Wrote: http://piaw.blogspot.in/2012/10/long-ter...9.html?m=1

Blog Dated October 19, 2012

I have a S9 VPAP Auto now and it works great. Use an old M-Series for a backup. Actually haven't touched it since the new machine arrived in Sep. But have been looking for something newer as a backup and travel machine.

Leaning towards a PR System One REMStar 60 Series BiPAP Auto with Bi-Flex DS760 for nothing else than the fact is is a 12V system and would be easier to power.

Have a cabin "sort of" which is only solar powered, no AC that I take some time off and go to a couple times a year.
[size=x-small]Current Settings PS 4.0 over 10.6-18.0 (cmH2O) BiLevel Auto
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 291 264,284 04-15-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Poolboy
  [Equipment] Battery power source for ResMed machine MaskedOne 8 167 04-12-2024, 04:42 PM
Last Post: MaskedOne
  new machine Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto Uzupan 32 1,531 03-10-2024, 07:29 AM
Last Post: Uzupan
  [Equipment] Are the ResMed Aircurve 10 S and ResMed Aircurve 10 VAuto the "exact same machine"? kkjacks 3 308 02-20-2024, 06:34 PM
Last Post: kkjacks
Question I am still successfully using ResMed S9. Should I get a newer machine? Miriam Hokmah 3 609 11-23-2023, 04:10 PM
Last Post: DaveL
  Got Bipap instead of prescribed ResMed Autoset machine. Please help me get going. marvin2023 2 586 10-10-2023, 07:26 PM
Last Post: marvin2023
  [Equipment] I think my ResMed Airsense 10 machine is faulty – Can any one please help . BangkokBoy 13 2,025 09-28-2023, 06:50 PM
Last Post: stevew77

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.