Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Why no love for FFM?
I have both (need to update my profile) and have been using the FFM most nights. It stays on better for me, and it's easier than closing my mouth lol.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
Not sure which brand, type, or model would be a good choice for stomach sleepers.

I've had FFM only thus far. I forgot what paired with the Remstar CPAP. I have the Amara View mask, and then the F20 AirFit and AirTouch cushion set. AirFit is my best choice for fit, comfort and low leak rate. Guaranteed, just like CPAP and settings for them, there's not just one set answer that's best for all. It's an individual "best answer for self".
Dave

I'm not a doctor in real or fictional life. My posts include opinions based upon user experience regarding CPAP therapy and should not be considered medically professional direction or advice. Even a 1,000 mile trip requires a good first step. My recommended first steps include getting good walking shoes, 1 great cup of coffee, and a good GPS.

Wiki Info for Beginners
Sleepyhead Chart Organization
Post Reply Post Reply
Without question the BEST mask for you is the one that works for you. The journey to that route IMHO should be from the least intrusive (lightest, smallest headgear, smallest contact with the face, generally Pillow masks) to nasal masks, and finally to Full Face masks. I have all 3 types blus a hybrid in my inventory. My nightly mask is the P10 Pillow. My journey was from the MOST intrusive to the least intrusive.

As has been said mask choice is a personal choice, use what works.

Fred
New to Apnea? Helpful tips to ensure success
Mask Primer
Dealing with a DME
Download SleepyHead
Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I sleep on my stomach sometimes through the night. I sleep on the edge of my pillow too and I dont believe I ever sleep face down into the pillow.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use a FFM. When I first started out I had a nasal mask and found out real quick I am a mouth breather. When I had my second sleep study after being on CPAP for 5 months (original DME filed for liquidation) I ended up with a great machine and a FFM. I sleep on my sides, back , and at times on my stomach without any problems. I have been using the same brand of mask for the last almost 6 years - if it works - why change. 

My wife started out with an Amara View and she did not like the way it fit her. She was having issues that the weight of the tubing was pulling the mask away from her face around the nose, no matter how the mask was tightened or placed. The respiratory therapist from the DME was no real help. She now has a more traditional FFM (can't remember which one it is).

I have never felt claustrophobic with a FFM, maybe because I had to wear an oxygen mask when I flew for the air force. I do get mask marks from time to time, but it is not a big deal. I found they usually disappear by the time I shower and shave. 

To be honest, I did try to read the article and my take away was "that's interesting". Do I feel I need to worry about it - no. Do ahve some other health issues I need to take care of - yes.

Homer
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I am beginning to love my cpap kally 13 2,544 05-28-2018, 10:04 AM
Last Post: Fats Drywaller
  I Love CPAP, but... please help me with these side-effects Hydrangea 26 1,413 05-18-2018, 06:10 AM
Last Post: Timur
  Airfit P10 love but need something else Chrstauffe 80 13,162 11-07-2016, 05:55 PM
Last Post: Gabby
  If you can't be with the one you love, love the one your with... FrankNichols 12 1,365 06-30-2016, 04:06 PM
Last Post: bwexler
  Love my CPAP but... Mightily Oats 11 3,365 06-25-2015, 02:29 PM
Last Post: Mark Douglas
  Tried the PAMPERS trick. Love it. PaytonA 6 2,754 05-15-2015, 01:59 PM
Last Post: quiescence at last
  I love my supplier, but can you spell overkill? retired_guy 10 2,598 03-04-2015, 09:37 AM
Last Post: Sparkle