Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Why no love for FFM?
RE: Why no love for FFM?
I have both (need to update my profile) and have been using the FFM most nights. It stays on better for me, and it's easier than closing my mouth lol.
Post Reply Post Reply
Not sure which brand, type, or model would be a good choice for stomach sleepers.

I've had FFM only thus far. I forgot what paired with the Remstar CPAP. I have the Amara View mask, and then the F20 AirFit and AirTouch cushion set. AirFit is my best choice for fit, comfort and low leak rate. Guaranteed, just like CPAP and settings for them, there's not just one set answer that's best for all. It's an individual "best answer for self".
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Without question the BEST mask for you is the one that works for you. The journey to that route IMHO should be from the least intrusive (lightest, smallest headgear, smallest contact with the face, generally Pillow masks) to nasal masks, and finally to Full Face masks. I have all 3 types blus a hybrid in my inventory. My nightly mask is the P10 Pillow. My journey was from the MOST intrusive to the least intrusive.

As has been said mask choice is a personal choice, use what works.

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
I sleep on my stomach sometimes through the night. I sleep on the edge of my pillow too and I dont believe I ever sleep face down into the pillow.
Jesse

Post Reply Post Reply
I use a FFM. When I first started out I had a nasal mask and found out real quick I am a mouth breather. When I had my second sleep study after being on CPAP for 5 months (original DME filed for liquidation) I ended up with a great machine and a FFM. I sleep on my sides, back , and at times on my stomach without any problems. I have been using the same brand of mask for the last almost 6 years - if it works - why change. 

My wife started out with an Amara View and she did not like the way it fit her. She was having issues that the weight of the tubing was pulling the mask away from her face around the nose, no matter how the mask was tightened or placed. The respiratory therapist from the DME was no real help. She now has a more traditional FFM (can't remember which one it is).

I have never felt claustrophobic with a FFM, maybe because I had to wear an oxygen mask when I flew for the air force. I do get mask marks from time to time, but it is not a big deal. I found they usually disappear by the time I shower and shave. 

To be honest, I did try to read the article and my take away was "that's interesting". Do I feel I need to worry about it - no. Do ahve some other health issues I need to take care of - yes.

Homer
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Anyone with head strap padding they love? UKFan643 1 257 02-02-2024, 06:01 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  UARS - New User - Would Love Some Advice kaelin 3 525 12-25-2023, 01:44 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Negative for OSA - Would love some advice duude 2 378 11-29-2023, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Would love some feedback on OSCAR data kewlpewl 51 4,945 11-09-2023, 02:22 AM
Last Post: kewlpewl
  Love a follow up on my OSCAR readings plz! Captain Howdy 72 6,184 10-22-2023, 07:04 AM
Last Post: Captain Howdy
Arrow Would love some feedback on OSCAR data esaulcatnas 3 508 08-31-2023, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Millstone50
  I'd love a review of my data and/or advice, esp. re. waking up at night danielsomers 6 773 04-05-2023, 07:59 AM
Last Post: danielsomers

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.