Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Why so many "mask offs"
Why so many "mask offs"
I'm finally ready for bed, lights out, mask on, headstraps adjusted just right, tucked into my nest of blankets and body pillows, head pillow plumped just right, and hose untangled and placed just so...
and I suddenly realize....

1. I have to pee

2. The tv remote is on my husbands nightstand and he's already asleep

3. I forgot to take my pills

4. My husbands office door is open and the blue glow from his 50 computers and electronics in the hallway drives me nuts

5. I have to pee

6. The cat is crying at the backdoor wanting in because he didn't come when I called

7. The heater is turned down too cold (lifelong battle for AC dominance with the hubby) and I'm going to get rained on if I don't turn it up

8. I forgot to use my asthma inhaler

9. I forgot my cell phone in my purse and I need to charge it

10. I have to pee
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Why so many "mask offs"
ROFLMAO. Too-funnyToo-funny

I know how you feel! When I started PAPing I had a list of five pieces of gear I had to put on. Let's see if I remember them all. Mask (of course), chin strap, night guard, eye mask, ear plugs.

I no longer need the night guard because after 15 years of teeth-grinding CPAP therapy put a stop to it. I have a full face mask so I don't need the chin strap anymore. Donna pretty much stopped watching TV in bed so no more eye mask and ear plugs.

So now it's just the one item, the mask itself.

P.S. I hope the CPAP therapy gives you at least some relief from the headaches and GERD. Mine weren't migraines, but they went away with CPAP therapy. GERD now only bothers me sometimes, and it's always during the day when it does.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
oooh - i hate nights like that!

gotta say tho - one of the nicest things about cpap is pulling the covers over my head and blocking all the light and a lot of sound...
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-20-2015, 10:31 PM)usertc Wrote: I'm finally ready for bed, lights out, mask on, headstraps adjusted just right, tucked into my nest of blankets and body pillows, head pillow plumped just right, and hose untangled and placed just so...
and I suddenly realize....

1. I have to pee

2. The tv remote is on my husbands nightstand and he's already asleep

3. I forgot to take my pills

4. My husbands office door is open and the blue glow from his 50 computers and electronics in the hallway drives me nuts

5. I have to pee

6. The cat is crying at the backdoor wanting in because he didn't come when I called

7. The heater is turned down too cold (lifelong battle for AC dominance with the hubby) and I'm going to get rained on if I don't turn it up

8. I forgot to use my asthma inhaler

9. I forgot my cell phone in my purse and I need to charge it

10. I have to pee

11. Hey, did you forget to Neti Pot?
Post Reply Post Reply
I so agree. I have a mental checklist now. It doesn't completely solve the problem, but I at least remember to pee before I get into bed.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi usertc,
I sure do understand that. The list of things to do before bed just seems to get longer and longer.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
One thing I do (maybe everyone does?) is I keep the headgear and mask on when I get up and turn machine off and just disconnect from where the hose attaches to the mask. Get up feeling like the Elephant man, pee or plug in phone or whatever else has to be done, and then get back into bed, connect hose. Much easier than before when I was taking the mask off.
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
At first it would take at least an hour to do everything before bed.
Now I'm down to 30 minutes, that is until I realize my fan isn't on. Sad
Can't sleep without that noise!
My hose isn't long enough to walk across room, although I've tried, Oh-jeez
so have to turn APAP off and start over, but by then I find others things I didn't do!
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Not to worry folks. It is all just the creeping onset of senility. With me it is not so much creeping.

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CPAP mask straps are loose and no longer keep the mask on my face WWu777 8 2,484 03-29-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Resmed P30i pillow mask user unable to get beyond 1.5 hr on mask Roy289 28 3,172 09-27-2022, 10:47 AM
Last Post: Roy289
  Advice for f and p vitera mask leaks full face mask accetableplaintain 2 3,679 03-23-2022, 09:37 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Help with mask, Definition of EPAP/IPAP and Mask Pressure wesozzzz 1 1,088 11-15-2019, 07:57 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  What's the mask setting of Dreamstation for Bleep DreamPort mask? ChinaMan 5 2,420 10-11-2019, 07:17 PM
Last Post: ChinaMan
  Changing mask from p10 resmed to philips respironics: Mask seal issue Visitor 10 4,821 10-11-2019, 07:25 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Personal Experience On Nasal Mask Compared with Full Face Mask ramphil2019 19 4,517 04-07-2019, 12:01 AM
Last Post: ramphil2019

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.