Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Why the increase before events?
Why the increase before events?
I notice for most of my events that there is increase in
flow rate before it happens any ideas what is happening? Centrals? because my body has to much air do to the extra intake right before? I have been on this pressure for three nights now, tho my exhale and inhale have been with +/- 1.0 of there current settings for about two weeks, tho my doc said that if the distance or del in pressure is to great it could cause centrals. Ideas? What to do?

Here is the first eleven hypopneas from last night and machine settings

Moderator note:
Please repost your chart from the daily page of OSCAR by taking a Screenshot and using the Attachment Feature.

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ganization
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Why the increase before events?
Welcome to Apnea Board. As the moderator note mentions, let's get OSCAR data, show us what the concern is, and we'll be glad to discuss. Some to most new PAP users get treatment emergent CA that is caused by the PAP therapy. It is common. Post the OSCAR data and also the sleep study in redacted format if you have it. These 2 pieces of data help us define the events including CA.

It depends greatly what machine you are on and the settings you use how good your therapy results will be. Make sure to include that info also. Respironics acts different than a ResMed for example.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 60 Yesterday, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2
  Central events while falling asleep michaelyu15 6 165 03-15-2024, 07:59 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  15-minute periods of massive events (OSCAR pics included) nicholasb600 2 145 03-14-2024, 09:42 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Large Increase in AHI with F20 Mask David milt 3 114 03-13-2024, 07:15 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Trying to Reduce CA Events chrotteg 9 220 03-12-2024, 05:29 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Why does my clear airway events keep increasing? deirdrepen 3 226 03-12-2024, 02:37 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Help interpreting non-obstructive events in OSCAR needsleeps 14 725 03-05-2024, 12:28 PM
Last Post: needsleeps

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.