Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

WiFi SD Card Data-transfer to ResScan & SH for The Rest of Us
Idea 
WiFi SD Card Data-transfer to ResScan & SH for The Rest of Us
Wireless SD Card Data-transfer to ResScan and SleepyHead

For us non-techies. If you check your sleep data and detailed graphs daily on ResScan or SleepyHead, then this is for you. I now leave a new WiFi SD card in my xPAP machine and it wirelessly sends sleep data to my computer for input to ResScan and SleepyHead software. The special SD card does not need to be moved from xPAP to the computer. It stays in my xPAP machine.

Here's a list of easy detailed instructions written mainly for those new to computers and less techie users. They are based largely on procedures from (Google searchable) TNET Sleep Apnea Information that I expanded upon or modified. Thanks go to Krelvin for getting me started and others for adding to my understanding. Questions, comments and suggestions are welcome by post or pm.

Setup: Wireless SD Card DataTransfer to ResScan and SleepyHead Software -- I use a ResMed S9 machine (VPAP Adapt) and a computer running Windows 7. Instructions may need to be adapted for other equipment and software.

A. Preparing the new Wireless SD card
1. Insert in your computer card reader a Toshiba FlashAir III W03 16GB Wireless SD Memory Card (PFW016U-1CCW) available from Amazon and eBay. If available, Toshiba FlashAir III W03 8GB Wireless SD Memory Card is good. Both are more than adequate and both are priced about $25.
2. Go to Control Panel, Folder Options, View and select “Show hidden files, folders . . .” Click Apply and OK.
3. Go to and open Computer (My Computer), select the SD’s card drive and open it.
4. Open SD_WLAN, then open the CONFIG file using Notepad.
5. Change APPMODE value from 4 to 5 and change APPNETWORKKEY value from ******** to your LAN Network Security Key (a.k.a SSID Security Key/password a.k.a. your ISP Network Key) provided by your Internet Service Provider (ISP).
6. Add the following line items to the column: APPNAME=SLEEPDATA, APPSSID=NNNNN, LOCK=1, DNSMODE=1, APPAUTOTIME=0, UPLOAD=1, NOISE_CANCEL=2.
7. Change APPSSID value from NNNNN to your home WiFi Network’s Name. Click File and Save. Click File again and Exit.
8. Safely remove the SD card as follows: Open Computer, right click the SD’s card drive, select Eject and remove the card.
9. Insert the SD card in your xPAP machine. If a message appears, “Invalid SD card, erase SD card data? Yes/No,?” select Yes and press the <Enter> button.
10. Open ResScan, put your mask on and operate your xPAP machine for at least 10 minutes. Or, open SleepyHead and click File, Preferences and Import tab. Note the “Ignore Short Sessions” Minutes on the right. Once your xPAP machine resets, put your mask on and operate your xPAP machine for at least the number of Short Sessions Minutes to record breathing test data.
11. Leave the FlashAir SD card in your xPAP machine from now on. If you inadvertently remove it or turn power off, you may need to reinitialize the card as discussed in Part E below.

B. Using FlashPAP to transfer data from xPAP/FlashAir SD to your computer
1. Insert a new high speed (45MB/s or faster) SD or xD memory card in your computer card reader. If using an old card, open Computer, right click on the card’s drive, select Format, and click Start and OK to remove any extraneous data. (Save your old SD card with its stored sleep data.)
2. Google JAVA to download and install Free JAVA software. Then Google Cognitial Flashpap to download and install FlashPAP. Drag and drop FlashPAP.jar to your desktop or otherwise create a desktop shortcut.
3. Open FlashPAP. Click […] next to “Profile/User Name,” click “New Profile,” type in “SLEEPDATA” and click OK. Use the down arrow and select your “xPAP Machine.” To automatically detect and fill in the card’s “IP Address,” click […] and select “Scan Network”. Then click “Scan network for FlashAir devices.” After the card is detected click “Use selected FlashAir.”
4. Click […] for Destination Folder, select the Step 1 SD or xD card’s drive and click Save.
5. Click […] for “Exit and run Sleep Tracking Software”. Click “Desktop,” scroll to and click either the ResScan or SleepyHead shortcut depending on which you use most.
6. Typical daily operation: Open FlashPAP and click “Scan FlashAir SD card”. Today’s date appears in “Dates found on card”. Select the date and click “Copy xPAP data for selected date(s)”. Click “Exit and run Sleep Tracking Software” to automatically open ResScan or SleepyHead per your selection in Step 5 above.

C. Using ResScan and SleepyHead software
1. In ResScan, select patient name. Click Download data and Detailed Graphs to see graphs of the wirelessly transferred sleep data.
2. In SleepyHead, select user name. Click Import, Yes and Daily to see detailed graphs of the wirelessly transferred sleep data.
(If necessary, click Import, Specify, Computer and double-click OS ©. Scroll down to select the SD or xD memory card drive and click Choose.) If other data already exists in SleepyHead for today’s date and you want to see detailed graphs of your test data by itself, use the select/deselect feature in the lower left under Cpap Sessions.

Once having completed the above ABC Setup,
BEGIN HERE FOR TYPICAL DAILY OPERATION

D. Daily Operation
1. Open FlashPAP and click Scan FlashAir SD card.
2. Select the Date(s) found on card and click Copy xPAP data for selected date(s).
3. Click Exit and run Sleep Tracking Software. Rescan or SleepyHead opens ready for normal operation.

E. Reinitializing the FlashAir SD card if power is interrupted
1. If power is turned off or if you remove the FlashAir card from your xPAP machine or there is a power loss, the card may need to be reinitialized. Google FlashAir II Config Utility to download, save, install and run the FlashAir Tool from Toshiba.
2. Follow the on-screen prompts to Initialize the card. When instructed, safely remove the SD card as follows: Open Computer, right click the SD’s card drive, select Eject and remove the card (multiple times if prompted). When you see "Initialize succeeded,” click OK, leave the card in the card reader and close the FlashAirTool. Perform Part A steps above.

F. Restore “hidden files”
1. Return to Control Panel, Folder Options, View and select “Don’t show hidden files, folders . . .” Click Apply and OK.

Notes:
1. Save your old SD card with its stored sleep data.
2. Save all of the above downloads in your Downloads folder for future ready access.
3. If you need to take an SD card in for your doc to review, insert a standard SD card that came with your machine into it and allow its internally stored sleep data to be written to the card. You may then need to reinitialize your FlashAir card.
4. When/if you remove the card or if power to your xPAP machine is turned off or interrupted, the card may need to be reinitialized as covered in Part E.
5. In some machines, if your FlashAir card occasionally loses WiFi contact with your computer, ejecting but not removing it and then reinserting it may reestablish its connection.
RE: WiFi SD Card Data-transfer to ResScan & SH for The Rest of Us
Easy? You give me too much credit.

YIKES!
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-18-2015, 05:00 PM)Padre_StevieJ Wrote: Easy? You give me too much credit.

YIKES!

Take it step by step, Padre. Smile If you get stuck, post here or pm me.
Post Reply Post Reply
Works great! Nice summary of the steps.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a 3 volume hard-bound set (page count about 2650) on how to set up this thing

NO, NO, just kidding. LOL couldn't resist.

It SEEMS complicated but just follow step-by-step. You will arrive safe & sound. ;-)

a couple of things to note: 1: The card is not a powerhouse PC and MAY take a few minutes to actually be ready to connect to. PATIENCE! 2: IF you remove the card after it is work so nicely. It will FAIL to allow you to connect again till you set it up again. (I) do not know why EXACTLY, but I suspect it has something to do with Windows system info crap and or corruption of the WLAN configuration. (I) have had to to re-do the setup for Sleepmaster/FlashAir tool to get it working again on my RESMED. I've NEVER lost CPAP data. By that I mean that when I put the card in my COMPUTER, I am able to copy the cpap data without incident prior to a new clean vulcan mind-meld.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-19-2015, 12:00 AM)waydavis Wrote: I have a 3 volume hard-bound set (page count about 2650) on how to set up this thing

NO, NO, just kidding. LOL couldn't resist.

It SEEMS complicated but just follow step-by-step. You will arrive safe & sound. ;-)

a couple of things to note: 1: The card is not a powerhouse PC and MAY take a few minutes to actually be ready to connect to. PATIENCE! 2: IF you remove the card after it is work so nicely. It will FAIL to allow you to connect again till you set it up again. (I) do not know why EXACTLY, but I suspect it has something to do with Windows system info crap and or corruption of the WLAN configuration. (I) have had to to re-do the setup for Sleepmaster/FlashAir tool to get it working again on my RESMED. I've NEVER lost CPAP data. By that I mean that when I put the card in my COMPUTER, I am able to copy the cpap data without incident prior to a new clean vulcan mind-meld.

I don't understand why the Comm files are erased after a power interruption. The lost of the wifi configuration has nothing to do with the windoze OS, the same thing happens on my Mac. Once you complete your "clean vulcan mind-melt" to prepared your card just simply copy the entire SD card and save the contents. After the next power outage copy your saved files back to the flashair card. This technique has saved me quite a bit of time and doesn't require another "clean vulcan mind-melt".

Post Reply Post Reply
I have to occasionally pop my card out and push it back in again when my router power cycles. I'm never had to set the card back up again for wifi. Only time I had to do that was when someone deleted my SD_WLAN folder.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-26-2015, 02:36 PM)AlanE Wrote: I have to occasionally pop my card out and push it back in again when my router power cycles. I'm never had to set the card back up again for wifi. Only time I had to do that was when someone deleted my SD_WLAN folder.

As you can see from the instruction set I presented at the top of the thread, I'm set up the same as you are. If I don't touch the FlashAir 3 SD card in my xpap machine and don't turn off power, it works great. If I remove the card and reinsert it, no go. I have to reinitialize it. 'Tis a mystery why this occurs as others here also observe. This doesn't happen to everyone. I have no idea why. Maybe it has something to do with quirks in some machines but not others.
Post Reply Post Reply
This sounds like the way to go not having to take SD card out each time you want to sync data into SH or Rescan. Just wondering if anyone can confirm the steps in post #1 work on a mac? I am currently using Yosemite version 10.10.5.

And I'm looking at cards on amazon and seeing W-02 and W-03. Is the W-03 a newer card-perhaps better wifi? I can get the W-03 cheaper ($35) but less capacity at 16gb than the W-02 which is 32gb ($49).

Is a 32gb necessary? Is 16gb more than enough storage?
Post Reply Post Reply
on a mac, you may need to follow the steps that you would on linux --- that is, manually modify the SD_WAN config. That is what I did. The wifi card could care less what OS you have... its just the program that sets up the config that cares, and it is just a txt file. There are some examples of the file in the flashpap thread. I haven't used sleepmaster, since when i set mine up you needed to run it on "wine" (linux proggy to run windows stuff) and flashpap was new, but would run natively.

follow the directions to set up the card in STA mode, and then find it's IP on your router if you can set a permanent ip on that device, it wont change, otherwise, anytime you remove the card or power off the machine it likely will need to be found again. You can use either of the excellent programs sleepmaster or flashpap to access the data.
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,256 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 149 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  [EzShare SDcard wifi] Script to autodownload biorn 185 24,427 03-02-2024, 12:19 AM
Last Post: sansword
  ResScan 7.1 nawolfor 2 322 02-26-2024, 10:29 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 328 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data GordK 3 268 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: GordK
  Data structure / data definition of AirSense 11 CD, CMSd50+ or OSCAR?hing obvious, … Perickson 4 1,605 02-18-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Perickson

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.