Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

WiFi SD Card Data-transfer to ResScan & SH for The Rest of Us
RE: WiFi SD Card Data-transfer to ResScan & SH for The Rest of Us
(01-04-2016, 05:26 PM)cpapdhf Wrote: What kind of WiFi range can one expect? ...
My Asus router 80211bgn router is 2 floors below my bedroom in a wooden 3 level house and it works well with all WiFi devices at that level which include phone, laptop and internet audio streaming devices. Signal strength is ~ -60dBm. I realize the Flashair card hasn't much of an antenna built in and probably is not transmitting much power and was wondering whether I have any chance of realizing reasonable connectivity under those conditions. Is anyone having success under similar conditions?

Two floors below is not really all that far. Assuming 8' ceilings you're looking at about 20'? My AP is an older ASUS WL-520GU with DD-WRT and it's approximately 40' from my flashair. As long as my TV is off I have no issues with flashair.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-05-2016, 08:10 PM)AlanE Wrote:
(01-04-2016, 05:26 PM)cpapdhf Wrote: What kind of WiFi range can one expect? ...
My Asus router 80211bgn router is 2 floors below my bedroom in a wooden 3 level house and it works well with all WiFi devices at that level which include phone, laptop and internet audio streaming devices. Signal strength is ~ -60dBm. I realize the Flashair card hasn't much of an antenna built in and probably is not transmitting much power and was wondering whether I have any chance of realizing reasonable connectivity under those conditions. Is anyone having success under similar conditions?

Two floors below is not really all that far. Assuming 8' ceilings you're looking at about 20'? My AP is an older ASUS WL-520GU with DD-WRT and it's approximately 40' from my flashair. As long as my TV is off I have no issues with flashair.
That's great news. I have a good signal with my Asus N66R router and I was hoping the FlashAir card wifi would have sufficient power and receive sensitivity to communicate and it sounds like it does. I just ordered the card and should have it in a week.
Thanks much for you help.
Post Reply Post Reply
No problem. If you do run into issues, let us know. We'll try to assist.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-05-2016, 08:55 PM)cpapdhf Wrote:
(01-05-2016, 08:10 PM)AlanE Wrote:

That's great news. I have a good signal with my Asus N66R router and I was hoping the FlashAir card wifi would have sufficient power and receive sensitivity to communicate and it sounds like it does. I just ordered the card and should have it in a week.
Thanks much for you help.

Glad to hear it! Smile I hope it works well for you! FlashPap is really an awesome program as well - highly recommended.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the info.
I ordered my CPAP and WIFI SD card the other day, saved over $600 from what the doctor was going to scam me for, and really appreciate this step by step instructions to streamline the reporting/review process.
Looking forward to getting some good sleep and results/data.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks so much for the thread.

It was a struggle, but I finally have everything up and running.

A couple points that I had trouble with:

I run a Mac, which I recently got (switching from a PC). The equivalent of "Notepad" on a Mac is called "TextEdit".

The FlashAir uses WPA2-AES security. I had to change my wifi router's settings because it was using something else. I don't know how many times I did and redid, checked and rechecked, and couldn't get it to work before it occurred to me to make sure the security was compatible. Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
I have read through this thread and the thread re sleepmaster. Before I get started I wanted to know whether to follow the instructions here or the ones with sleepmaster. I have the Toshiba FlashAir 3.0 16GB W-03 but I don't see any model numbers on the back of this card at all similar to the model numbers listed as compatible with sleepmaster program. Advice please. TIA.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
The instructions Papit wrote in post #1 will work fine. After it is set up you can use either program to transfer your files.

Your Flashair card should work. I have the W-03 also.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks AlanE I'll give it a go.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
AlanE - success with installation and thanks for your guidance

Papit - thank you for the information and excellent instructions!

One observation - when running scan network from flashpap it was unable to find the flashairIII card. I don't know if it is because the card is on my network access point and the computer is on a range extender from that access point. Easily overcome by simply typing in the IP address of the flash card but something for other folks to watch for with the advent of access points and range extenders in residential use now.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 76 Today, 01:07 AM
Last Post: Ibrumley
  [EzShare SDcard wifi] Script to autodownload biorn 186 24,894 03-26-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 93 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,335 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 179 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  ResScan 7.1 nawolfor 2 374 02-26-2024, 10:29 PM
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 433 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.