Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

WiFi SD card question
OK, so I sort of have a WiFi network, but it isn't connected to the internet, I just use it to backup my laptop.  For internet, I use my iPad's LTE connection. So, can I connect to the WiFi card with my laptop? How do I set up the card?
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
I will hopefully be doing this today, when my Toshiba SD card arrives. I have read that depending on the card, it can either join a network or act as an ad hoc network. In either case, internet is not needed. Hopefully someone will post to verify and give pointers before I start later today.

Cale
Post Reply Post Reply
You are correct. The FlashAir can act as a device attached to a network, Station Mode (STA), or connect directly to another device, Access Point Mode (AP).  The setting in the CONFIG file is for STA is MODE=5, for AP mode, MODE=4.  

I've always used the STA mode and never tried using the AP mode so my knowledge is non-existent.  One thing to keep in mind; If your computer is attached to a network wirelessly and you try the using the AP mode, you won't be able to access any thing else during the connection. (e.g.: internet or other devices on the network)

Please keep us posted.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Newbie question - what card reader? rodeking 10 386 08-02-2018, 09:47 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  FlashPAP - FlashAir WiFi SD card utility TiredToo 269 54,999 05-31-2018, 08:20 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  FlashAir extend WiFi range dwd1249 10 1,416 04-08-2018, 02:48 PM
Last Post: Sheepish
  WiFi SD card use. laneleonard 15 1,075 12-22-2017, 12:28 PM
Last Post: AlanE
  Do any other WiFi cards work? Beej 4 626 11-02-2017, 06:02 PM
Last Post: Sheepish
Cool Recommendation: FlashAir and Flashpap - Wifi data transfer from CPAP to PC/Sleepyhead mogulman 34 3,593 10-27-2017, 11:44 AM
Last Post: Spy Car
Angry EncoreBasic SD card problem [non-PR card?] medinamike 5 548 10-08-2017, 12:04 AM
Last Post: SuperSleeper