Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

WiFi SD card use.
RE: WiFi SD card use.
Copy on the info, CB91710. Currently using an Asus RT N16. Think I'm OK with that.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
SD Card use
I am trying to understand the SD card before I do something dumb.  My Phillips BiPap says "SD card inserted, writing in progress" and then "SD card writing successful" each time I take it out to read it for SleepyHead.  Whats happening?  Is the internal memory updating the SD card?  Is the SD card updating the internal memory? 
I have a WiFi SD card ordered.  Can that card be read by a card reader as well as wirelessly? What do I take to my sleep Dr. when that time comes again?
Appreciate your time and thoughts!
Post Reply Post Reply
First, your PC may be writing System Volume information to the SD card when it's inserted. That is the default of a newer Windows system.  I have listed a link to a registry mod file to turn that feature off.  It will take an external drive a little longer to display its contents initially is the only downside to turning this feature off.  

Second, using a WiFi card.  Keep your normal SD card around for the sole ourpose of transporting data to the doctor.  You will download the WiFi card's data to a dedicated directory on your computer.  When it's time to go to the doctor, copy the directory to the old card and you're good to go.

Link:  Prevent SysVol Info Write
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank You!  I will try it all.
Post Reply Post Reply
Can I horn in on this thread? I got a ToshibaAir 4.0 card on Amazon, but it came with zero instructions or packaging. I'm not really sure how to get it to work. My PC upstairs is hard wired to the ethernet, I don't think I have a wireless card in it. Can I still get it to work? Router is in the basement. Can I get it to connect to my phone and then just move the data from my phone to the PC? This seems more complicated than it needs to be. Halp.
Post Reply Post Reply
You don't need a wifi card in your PC. You will need an SD card reader to set it up. you probably already use one to read your data now. Is your wifi router on the same network as your PC? i.e. can you connect to your routers web config page from your PC? How far away is your wifi router from your cpap machine? I don't know if they have improved the range of the W-04 but at least with W-03 you need to be within 40 feet of your wifi router to get a consistent connection.

Once the flashair is on the network you can connect to it through your network. See this thread about setting it up. There are others as well but this should get you started: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid145159

Once you have it communicating (you can ping the Flashair's IP address) you can set up FlashPap or Sleep Master to pull the data off the card onto your PC so sleepyhead can read it.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [EzShare SDcard wifi] Script to autodownload biorn 186 24,864 03-26-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  [split] FYSETC SD Wifi - Possible FlashAir Replacement Psikic 131 21,175 01-12-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: scowell
  WiFi SD Card for AirSense and OSCAR Stillglade 1 639 01-08-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Created a program to support Wifi SD card for Resmed and all other devices narual 13 2,251 12-08-2023, 07:29 PM
Last Post: JerryE
  FlashPAP - FlashAir WiFi SD card utility TiredToo 296 94,922 10-05-2023, 06:54 AM
Last Post: olddog27
  wifi EzShare SD Card for Windows 11 Home Greg1582378 3 832 09-23-2023, 03:47 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Oscar cannot read SD card and SD card cannot be read by PC BlueSky1958 1 643 08-21-2023, 06:41 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.