Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Understanding "Success" with CPAP
RE: Understanding "Success" with CPAP
10 AHI is an improvement but I wouldn't call it a success. Medical usually considers 5 to be treated although some people don't really start feeling good until they get it down under 3.

You should post a couple OSCAR screenshots showing typical nights.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Understanding "Success" with CPAP
Wow! I finally tried a cervical collar and AHI has been .7 or less every night since. I still have some leaks, but most of those are more minor leaks around my nostrils with the hybrid mask. The collar seems to be keeping my mouth closed or nearly closed and must be helping A LOT with my chin dropping and affecting my sleep. It almost makes me wonder if I need the CPAP, or whether the collar itself is the real answer to my apnea???

I've attached a few OSCAR screen grabs. Please let me know what you see and if I should continue my delight with the collar, or if I'm missing something in the data. Attached files:

4-2-22 Before any changes

4-5-22 When Dr. lowered my pressure a bit, likely helped.

4-9-22 1st day with collar

4-10-22 2nd day with collar

4-25-22 several days later with collar.

FWIW,  review the recommendations on the Apnea Board and then shopped collars. Ended up with a Corflex Ultra Cervical Collar Medium 3 1/2" - 18-22".  I wear a size 17 neck shirt and wonder if a size larger might be better. I'm also wondering if I can go a bit shorter than the 3.5 inch... but the size was based on the recommendations/measurements. Lastly, I'm thinking about adding an additional velcro strap to make the neck diameter a bit larger for now... until ordering a replacement.

Anyway... VERY happy with the results of the collar. This seems to have been the breakthrough I've been searching for.

Thanks!

Attached Files
.pdf   Sailon1 OSCAR Screen Grabs.pdf (Size: 976.88 KB / Downloads: 6)
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help - 1 year CPAP - not success - help very welcome! leono85 41 2,618 03-25-2024, 09:32 AM
Last Post: Macka
Arrow Your Personal CPAP Success Story - Post Here SuperSleeper 1,364 625,943 03-24-2024, 07:19 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  [Pressure] Understanding Pressure Settings on ASV Suzee 85 3,563 03-19-2024, 03:17 PM
Last Post: Suzee
  Has anyone had success with ONLY a soft cervical collar? ranvanman 7 547 02-26-2024, 09:49 AM
Last Post: ranvanman
  Help understanding OSCAR Data - Feeling Tired all day (not sleepy) elsanti1976 9 560 01-21-2024, 04:23 PM
Last Post: elsanti1976
  [Treatment] Understanding rise in AHI PedroT 17 815 12-30-2023, 01:05 PM
Last Post: PedroT
  Help Understanding CA hollercollett 2 363 12-26-2023, 08:12 PM
Last Post: hollercollett

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.