Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Wide AHI Variation Phillips One system 60 & AirSense 10 ?
Wide AHI Variation Phillips One system 60 & AirSense 10 ?
Replaced Phillips Auto One System 60 in 2020, with Auto AirSense10, then intended, eventually keep, Philips machine travel /Family visits for overnight trips away from home. While the annoyance, on the Phillips machine re the detail on info screen, only show's Total AHI, No quick check on type of " O, H or CA" in comparison the AirSense gives a quick detail check on type of O, H or C ?"  Then also confirmed News on the "Foam Gate" & the uncertainty, Philips safeness concern and view of Delayed and minimal limit official Phillips communication. 

I have been just sitting on hands, awaiting, wondering what ACTION ! HAPPENING! if "Unsafe use" of Philips One System 60. So Waiting, Waiting, appearance the slow inaction, No direct communication, and got to me about Foam. Last week, had Foam removed then last night, built up courage, to trial test "Phillips Machine" *Foam Free* on the Noise? Found only had slight dull sound, more if only trying to Listening for "Noise Difference". 

BUT! the Bigger surprise, as while did feel, that slept pretty good, BUT, the morning check, What the Phillips *AHI 21.04* Now have to download to OSCAR for type Detail's ?? knowing Phillips are much worse Numbers in Comparison to Resmed Airsense Night before 2.5 AHI ?

AHI 21.04 Phillips 
    Year Statistics
      One Night AHI 21.04hi

Look at the Hypo's 10.04 yet set a Higher Max ?? is that just the Phillips algorithm slower reaction ?

Night before [b]2.5 AHI ??[/b]
    Resmed AirScense 10
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Wide AHI Variation Phillips One system 60 & AirSense 10 ?
Given consideration to 1 snapshot, previous post? How to know if event are actually correct? and if any possibility that Resmed, not capture or identify events to same detail, Phillips may do? Then that give Resmed "Only Appearance" of being more efficiently treatment machine in prevention events? comparison to Phillips & on different individuals? But how do you Test that ???????
Post Reply Post Reply
Not valid to compare these two examples

The DS example appears to be a classic example of positional apnea. In order to make a valid comparison.

I have not reviewed your specific settings but in general ResMed responds both faster and more aggressively resulting in lower pressure settings for the same effectiveness.

IMHO, optimizing the DS1 and eliminating the positional element will end providing you with similar results on both systems
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Gideon,  yes I think understand, but still bit confused as pointing out the Phillips, classic example "Positional' apnea" and clarified "in general,  ResMed responds both faster and more aggressively resulting in lower pressure settings for the same effectiveness". 

But given My comparison below, the difference between 2 Machines is not relevant re the ResMed response as had the ResMed set to a Fixed 4cmH20 ??  
  • 1st Night ResMed set with lowest possible Fixed pressure of 4cmH2O ??  Total 2.5AHI 
  • 2nd Night Phillips System one, Auto setting 4cmH20 to 6cmH2O ?? Total 21.04 AHI "CA 8.35, O 2.64, H10.04 ??
  • 3rd Night Phillips System one, Auto setting 4cmH20 to 6cmH2O ?? Total  8.51AHI "CA 2.84, O.99, H4.68  & "Periodic Breathing" 5.4%
  • 4th Night Phillips System one, Auto setting 4cmH20 to 6cmH2O ?? Total  14.85AHI "CA 3.43, Ob 1.90, H9.52 &  "Periodic Breathing" 9.62
  • [b]5th Night [/b]Back to My ResMed forever with pressure settings left at lowest/Maximum Fixed pressure of 4cmH2O ?? Total 3.04 AHI CA 1.73, Ob 0.87, H 0.43

While prior to above Test have had "Contaminated Foam removed" but tot yet replaced, as still waiting on the New Foam from Phillips? Whenever that will be ?? think Phillips is SLEEPING on The JOB Snoooooze Apnea, Apnea !
Post Reply Post Reply
Additional Question, since have now reached level using Minimum as Maximum pressure setting of 4cmH20, do actually need the CAPA Machine? I have been slowly reducing Pressure, in effort to in Reduce CA's, while also monitoring for a detrimental to events of Ob's or Hypo's ?? But this surprisingly if any a minimal negative reaction, and also have benefited of more consistent low CA's average and as appears now gone of those consistently - inconsistent higher CA' numbers gone ??

Should I be concerned of using 4cmH20 maximum pressure as concern or detrimental to Oxygen Saturations?

I now have finally obtained last year, In hospital New Sleep Study, if request a view will attempt Scan and Post " as now also have a new working scanner" if any one thinks worth Viewing ?
Post Reply Post Reply
Comparing summary stats as anything more then a gage of general effectiveness is pointless. you need to address what is happening when as you see in the daily charts.

Based on the Resmed at 4 fixed (Always do this in Auto mode Min=Max=4) you would be justified in attempting a diagnostic sleep test to see if you need a CPAP. It takes a sleep test to do this.

Remaining on CPAP will allow you to identify a train wreck such as the positional apnea that was on your PR device.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,963 359,242 04-12-2024, 12:35 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Resmed Heating System Errors btreger 0 111 04-05-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Inspire system JThammer 15 382 04-04-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: cdplatt
  Airsense 11. Heating system error Jskier 6 7,017 03-30-2024, 12:10 PM
Last Post: Ron LI
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,891 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  Phillips Dreamstation 2 High Disconnects mrsleepyhead2001 2 180 03-22-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mrsleepyhead2001
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 475 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.