Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Width of mask at corners of mouth
Width of mask at corners of mouth
I've been using the Resmed F30i and really like the nose interface but my problem is leakage at the corners of my mouth. The cushion on the F30i just barely reaches the corners and as I relax, my jaw drops a bit causing large leaks at the corners. I think if the cushion were just a bit wider it would prevent the leakage. I searched the board here but didn't find any threads regarding this specifically.

I chatted online with Supplier #3 about the F30 and was hoping it was wider, but the rep said the 30i is actually the wider cushion.

If I wear a chin strap that helps a bit but it has to be fairly tight and I still have to tighten down the f30i to reduce leakage. I do have a cervical collar on order but not due to arrive till next week.

Thoughts on which masks to try out next based on the above or other leak prevention?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Width of mask at corners of mouth
(08-14-2020, 01:59 PM)tonyt Wrote: I've been using the Resmed F30i and really like the nose interface but my problem is leakage at the corners of my mouth. The cushion on the F30i just barely reaches the corners and as I relax, my jaw drops a bit causing large leaks at the corners. I think if the cushion were just a bit wider it would prevent the leakage. I searched the board here but didn't find any threads regarding this specifically.

I chatted online with Supplier #3 about the F30 and was hoping it was wider, but the rep said the 30i is actually the wider cushion.

If I wear a chin strap that helps a bit but it has to be fairly tight and I still have to tighten down the f30i to reduce leakage. I do have a cervical collar on order but not due to arrive till next week.

Thoughts on which masks to try out next based on the above or other leak prevention?

I use the F20 AirFit full face version.. I was told there is also a wide version of it, so perhaps there is a wide version of what you have as well.  Thinking-about
- They are not spelling/grammar errors.. I live in Australia, we do it differently Down Under  Big Grin -
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Width of mask at corners of mouth
Hi Tony,
I have used the Fischer&Paykel Simplus for years with very good results.  My leak stats usually are Median 0, 95% in single digits.  I also have a F&P Vitera (a revision of the Simplus), but don't have enough experience with it to report anything yet. 

Good luck on your search.
A.Becker
PAPing in NE Ohio, with a pack of Cairn terriers
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How do I reduce mouth leaking? meatheadmd 6 358 Yesterday, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Old Codger
  Mouth Tape Tradegy PappaJoe 5 309 03-23-2024, 01:49 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 227 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  How can I tell if my mouth is open with a nasal mask while I sleep? evenflow 15 1,075 03-08-2024, 09:55 PM
  Choosing Apnea Mouth Guard newtothis1 9 799 03-08-2024, 09:52 PM
  Dry mouth even using mouth tape Wcsleep 8 1,164 03-08-2024, 09:37 PM
  Chin cushion for mouth leaks AReedy 9 496 02-25-2024, 09:38 PM
Last Post: AReedy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.