Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Wife did not pass compliance
RE: Wife did not pass compliance
Looks like they got the wrong data matched up with the wrong patient. I would definitely fight this! A lot of folks let these things go, but you pay your premiums and your co-pays and whatever, they need to hold up their end of the deal also! You need value for your premiums! Talk to the DME and the Doc. Take a print out of what you have above and show them! I would also write a letter to the INS company and include that data. If you lay down they will roll you over. Don't let them get away with it.
As always, YMMV! You do not have to agree or disagree, I am not a professional so my mental meanderings are simply recollections of things from my own life.

PRS1 - Auto - A-Flex x2 - 12.50 - 20 - Humid x2 - Swift FX
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-24-2012, 11:51 AM)mjbearit Wrote: If you lay down they will roll you over. Don't let them get away with it.

Right on! This is standard operating procedure for insurance companies. We all know that. All of us also know that it takes awhile to get used to CPAP, to find the right equipment, etc. If the policies of DME's acknowledge this learning period, then the policies of insurance companies have to acknowledge it also. Get in their face.
--==<< old, experienced, but still curious >>==--
Post Reply Post Reply
Go to the DME, make them open up your data with ResScan in front of you. Show this to them.

The DME is probably the one who generated the wrong data report in the first place. Getting them to write the insurance company stating that their earlier information filed with insurance was wrong.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-25-2012, 02:57 AM)archangle Wrote: Go to the DME, make them open up your data with ResScan in front of you. Show this to them.

The DME is probably the one who generated the wrong data report in the first place. Getting them to write the insurance company stating that their earlier information filed with insurance was wrong.

So I called the DME today, to see if their was anyone their that could explain to me how they got the numbers they did - was told I have to talk with one of the RT's - and they are out of the office all day, so have an appointment tomorrow to sit down, and see how they get their 61% - will take in the card, the printouts in Rescan - and figure out they come up with their numbers. once we get this figure out, we are going to switching DME's, and the plan is to get my wife on a full data machine to figure out what is going on.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-25-2012, 04:36 PM)w7sot Wrote: So I called the DME today, to see if their was anyone their that could explain to me how they got the numbers they did - was told I have to talk with one of the RT's - and they are out of the office all day, so have an appointment tomorrow to sit down, and see how they get their 61% - will take in the card, the printouts in Rescan - and figure out they come up with their numbers. once we get this figure out, we are going to switching DME's, and the plan is to get my wife on a full data machine to figure out what is going on.

Take good notes. Make them show you where they got the data.

Useful links.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-25-2012, 06:34 PM)archangle Wrote:
(06-25-2012, 04:36 PM)w7sot Wrote: So I called the DME today, to see if their was anyone their that could explain to me how they got the numbers they did - was told I have to talk with one of the RT's - and they are out of the office all day, so have an appointment tomorrow to sit down, and see how they get their 61% - will take in the card, the printouts in Rescan - and figure out they come up with their numbers. once we get this figure out, we are going to switching DME's, and the plan is to get my wife on a full data machine to figure out what is going on.

Take good notes. Make them show you where they got the data.

LOL - that was the funny part - they COULD NOT show me anywhere where they had read the card with the 61% - according to them, they had read the card a total of three times - and every showed over 80% compliance - but according to them, she should have had one more time of reading the card by this time - so she should have had 4 different reports - that that missing one must be the 61% one!!! - ok, so the thing is - we took the card in after the first month to have it read. 4 weeks later I went back down to the office, to get another card becuse they never sent the original back - and the read the second card for the first time today - they should have had only 2 reports!!! - so how did they come up with the third one - and they have yet to explain the 66% - they resubmiting things to insurance - and then I had to make them send in the report that showed a full 30-days, and 81% compliant - that is all the need to be happy - they don't need a compliance report EVERY MONTH - they only want ONE in the first 90 days of having the machine, showing that is was used for 70% of the time in any 30-day period - vey very soon, we are going to be dropping them - unfortunately, their is no way to do anything about the brick she hased to use.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-26-2012, 05:34 PM)w7sot Wrote: I had to make them send in the report that showed a full 30-days, and 81% compliant - that is all the need to be happy - they don't need a compliance report EVERY MONTH - they only want ONE in the first 90 days of having the machine, showing that is was used for 70% of the time in any 30-day period - vey very soon, we are going to be dropping them - unfortunately, their is no way to do anything about the brick she hased to use.

Is the gist that they're going to tell the insurance company your wife is compliant?

Useful links.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airsense 11 Auto and insurance compliance and data reporting to sleep doctor sausagesrolex 1 245 03-01-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  Doctor switched my wife over to an ASV machine, it has doubled her AHI MaybeTowelie 18 933 12-21-2023, 08:37 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  How do YOU report Resmed CPAP data for compliance silverchief2 21 1,449 12-17-2023, 03:34 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  Insurance Compliance and Changing My Own Pressure Brennie 3 432 11-27-2023, 10:07 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Treatment thread for robbob2112 wife - need help robbob2112 7 498 11-11-2023, 10:06 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] ivorpetkov (my wife) - Therapy Thread ivorpetkov 17 1,102 11-09-2023, 09:58 AM
Last Post: ivorpetkov
  My Wife's Therapy Thread mawaw1992 2 380 10-04-2023, 08:58 AM
Last Post: mawaw1992

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.