Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Wife does not like my mask blowing at her!
Wife does not like my mask blowing at her!
I said I am blowing sweet nothings in her ear.  Whistle
She does not care for it, Angry   she would hit me to roll over. Hammer
We now have a divider down the center of the bed!   Dont-know

So how are others handling the air issue? Always sleep facing the other direction?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Wife does not like my mask blowing at her!
No issues here at all, in regards to my mask blowing air in her direction. My wife is still on cloud 9  Dreaming   because I no longer snore at all. 

I was using an AirFit F20 since being diagnosed with SA last September. I'm now using an AirFit F30. My wife has been gone since March 21st due to her mother passing away. She wasn't here when my F30 mask arrived. 

I don't anticipate my new mask being any kind of a problem.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-12-2019, 01:44 PM)oldfart59 Wrote: I said I am blowing sweet nothings in her ear.  Whistle
She does not care for it, Angry   she would hit me to roll over. Hammer
We now have a divider down the center of the bed!   Dont-know

So how are others handling the air issue? Always sleep facing the other direction?

What mask are you using ?

You need a mask with a quiet vent such as the new Resmed Airfit F20 full face mask
Post Reply Post Reply
My wife does not like it either. It is OK normally, but it is noisy when it leaks. I normally sleep facing away from her.
My 2015 doctor said I have less apnea when on my right side. He couldn't explain why. This was the same guy that said I could cure sleep apnea by not sleeping.
Post Reply Post Reply
This won't help you very much since you use a full face mask (not sure which one?) But since I use the Airfit P10 Nasal Pillows mask it has a very diffused air vent and does not blow over as far as her side. I can barely feel it on my own arm if it is right in front of my face, in fact. If you aren't using an F20 or F30 full face mask you might want to try them out. I understand they have a quieter vent and possibly may diffuse the flow further than what you are using right now.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, both of my masks have the Resmed quiet vent / elbow. They seem to work very well.
Post Reply Post Reply
My wife doesn't like the air blowing on her, either. This was true when I used different nasal masks and it's still true now with my full face mask.

Either of us can turn away from the other, and that is something we seem to do often enough. We also stand a pillow on edge and place it between us as a divider. Another thing I can do is pull the covers over my head.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have the N20 nasal mask with the short swiveling elbow immediately after the connection to the hole in the front of the mask.  At the bend there's a small diffuser-type, multi-hole vent.  My wife complained about ten months ago that she sometimes gets a blast directed at her, but that was the last time she mentioned it.  I try to tilt my chin down a bit when I'm lying on the side that has me facing her...dunno if that is what makes the difference.
Post Reply Post Reply
Two non-full face masks you might want to try which both have vent diffusers...
These two put an end to my wife's complaints.

Well, about that, anyway. Hammer
Post Reply Post Reply
Ask her to sleep on the lounge and stop disturbing your sleep, I guess is an option?
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Doctor switched my wife over to an ASV machine, it has doubled her AHI MaybeTowelie 18 933 12-21-2023, 08:37 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Treatment thread for robbob2112 wife - need help robbob2112 7 498 11-11-2023, 10:06 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] ivorpetkov (my wife) - Therapy Thread ivorpetkov 17 1,102 11-09-2023, 09:58 AM
Last Post: ivorpetkov
  Resmed Airsense 11 blowing full power with no leaks bcodemz 2 870 10-29-2023, 07:57 PM
Last Post: bcodemz
  My Wife's Therapy Thread mawaw1992 2 380 10-04-2023, 08:58 AM
Last Post: mawaw1992
  Wife tried machine, lots of flow limitations?! YouTakeMyBreathAway 31 2,746 05-07-2023, 11:14 AM
Last Post: YouTakeMyBreathAway
  Too much air blowing after cleaning eddog89 8 4,424 05-04-2023, 04:19 AM
Last Post: Sidesleeper2023

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.