Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Wife does not like my mask blowing at her!
RE: Wife does not like my mask blowing at her!
I updated my profile:  ResMed Mirage Quattro 
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks everyone for your response. It sounds like this is a common issue. Things we do you keep the wife happy!
Post Reply Post Reply
Yup, me too.

Our solution was to swap our king bed for two king singles with a small gap between. The extra foot or so of distance between us makes all the difference.
Post Reply Post Reply
Resmed quiet vent / elbow on my F20. The new elbow is outstanding. Very hard to even feel air coming out of it. Highly recommended.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-18-2019, 02:52 PM)Maskup N. Sleepwell Wrote: Resmed quiet vent / elbow on my F20.  The new elbow is outstanding.  Very hard to even feel air coming out of it.  Highly recommended.

Agreed  Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi,

My husband feels the same way.  Honestly, I sleep facing the other way until it bothers me then turn over and wait for it to bother him before I turn again. In the end, I guess, it’s better than my snoring, gasping and dying in my sleep Smile

Best,

Darci
Post Reply Post Reply
I cut a piece of filter and taped it over the vent with micropore tape. You can still feel air venting, but not nearly as forceful and much more quiet.
Post Reply Post Reply
The ResMed P10 pillow style mask puts out air that is so diffused it can be hard for a user to know if the machine is on.

Brilliant.

Bill
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-20-2019, 12:00 AM)Spy Car Wrote: The ResMed P10 pillow style mask puts out air that is so diffused it can be hard for a user to know if the machine is on.

Brilliant.

Bill

The OP is using a FF mask. I would imagine swapping to nasal pillows would be too drastic, even assuming he/she isn't a mouth breather.

In my case, I would find remodelling the house to create a second master suite easier than making the change to pillows Rolleyes
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-20-2019, 02:12 AM)StevesSp Wrote:
(04-20-2019, 12:00 AM)Spy Car Wrote: The ResMed P10 pillow style mask puts out air that is so diffused it can be hard for a user to know if the machine is on.

Brilliant.

Bill

The OP is using a FF mask. I would imagine swapping to nasal pillows would be too drastic, even assuming he/she isn't a mouth breather.

In my case, I would find remodelling the house to create a second master suite easier than making the change to pillows Rolleyes

I don't agree. Compared with a huge mask in one's face, the minimalism of the P10s is a piece of cake for most users. And no mask I've experienced comes close in diffusing the exhausted air, which is the point of the thread.

Bill
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Doctor switched my wife over to an ASV machine, it has doubled her AHI MaybeTowelie 18 933 12-21-2023, 08:37 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Treatment thread for robbob2112 wife - need help robbob2112 7 496 11-11-2023, 10:06 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] ivorpetkov (my wife) - Therapy Thread ivorpetkov 17 1,099 11-09-2023, 09:58 AM
Last Post: ivorpetkov
  Resmed Airsense 11 blowing full power with no leaks bcodemz 2 870 10-29-2023, 07:57 PM
Last Post: bcodemz
  My Wife's Therapy Thread mawaw1992 2 379 10-04-2023, 08:58 AM
Last Post: mawaw1992
  Wife tried machine, lots of flow limitations?! YouTakeMyBreathAway 31 2,745 05-07-2023, 11:14 AM
Last Post: YouTakeMyBreathAway
  Too much air blowing after cleaning eddog89 8 4,421 05-04-2023, 04:19 AM
Last Post: Sidesleeper2023

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.