Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Wife's Daily AHI for 2 days is 0.
Wife's Daily AHI for 2 days is 0.
My wife's Airsense 10 did not have a card in it til a couple of days ago. I set up a new profile and loaded the SD. She show 0 apnea, period. A couple of large leaks one time, but that was it. She's been on a cpap for years. Is that even possible?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Wife's Daily AHI for 2 days is 0.
Yes. It could indicate several things. AHI might have been low to begin with, before PAP, but enough to justify a machine. Then with the PAP, it can show a zero but it's not required to see this to be successfully treated. This likely just means therapy is doing very well.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yep, it's possible and hopefully, that means she's feeling a lot better now.
Post Reply Post Reply
It is possible! I've been papping for 5.5 years and in the last 30 days I have had 6 0.00 AHI nights for a 30 day average of 0.28 AHI. My best run was 14 days in June 2018 with zero AHI, but since major back surgery a month later that has been only a memory until recently. Getting rid of my Resperonics 560 machine and switching to a full face mask made the difference this time. I check my OSCAR results every day and keep a log book of them. I hope she continues this successful run!
Post Reply Post Reply
expect a big difference between a Respironics machine and a ResMed machine. A 0.0, especially multiples, now that is not expected, low yes, 0.0 is never expected but always appreciated.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] New User; Fine Tuning- First 3 Days of Data jgthegrouch 9 422 01-16-2024, 02:25 PM
Last Post: jgthegrouch
  Abdominal pain from open mouth. 4 days Neo2020 1 341 01-03-2024, 04:40 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Doctor switched my wife over to an ASV machine, it has doubled her AHI MaybeTowelie 18 933 12-21-2023, 08:37 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  AIRVIEW Daily reports Opus1 3 443 11-22-2023, 10:40 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [CPAP] Bad O2 days with APAP? ikwtif 23 1,729 11-21-2023, 04:38 PM
Last Post: BeautifulDay
  [Treatment] Three days using Soft Cervical Collar, AHI 6.73, 4.81, 22.28; makes sense? Aldiorg 9 905 11-15-2023, 12:47 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Looking for Help Interpreting OSCAR Daily View timfik 4 587 11-14-2023, 12:19 PM
Last Post: timfik

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.