Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Wiki conflict on Medicare/CPAP ownership
RE: Wiki conflict on Medicare/CPAP ownership
@Sleeprider:
you may want to check on this statement:
Quote:...Advantage Plan will pay the 20% coinsurance

It is my understanding that "Medicare Advantage" pays only what that plan has contracted with the provider. Original or traditional Medicare pays nothing on behalf of the beneficiary in the Advantage Plan, which of course is actually commercial insurance.

Anecdotally, I have heard of Advantage plans that continue to charge "rental" in perpetuity. (specifically cited was a Kaiser plan).

Your proposed statement could lead one to believe that Traditional Medicare pays for 80% (of Medicare's allowable) and the remaining 20% co-insurance is picked up by a Advantage plan.  Beneficiaries can not have both plans simultaneously.
Post Reply Post Reply
Be very careful of Advantage plans. They often contract care to a 3rd party. What is mostly unk own is that these 3rd parties often limit the care you can receive.
While not CPAP, on hearing aids some advantage plans which offer hearing aid "insurance" the actually are required by the third party to not even mention the higher tier , more functional, newer models, and more costly hearing aids. I find this surprising because the limit the amount they will provide. But the audiologist can neither sell nor mention these high tier products, even if they are the best possible solution for you.

I am on Medicare but with a supplemental "F/G" plan which pays the 20% deductible once I've met my annual deductible for Medicare. Do read the Medicare plans very carefully. I find this care actually better than my big corporate insurance plans I've had. Cost is about the same as I paid for my share of the corporate insurance.
Post Reply Post Reply
I suspect different Medicare Advantage plans will have different coverage and limitations.
Post Reply Post Reply
All true. Advantage plans will reimburse or pay according the coverage conditions up to 100%, while others may not have DME coverage. Lots of variation. Clarification added https://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.ph..._insurance
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeprider,
Your link doesn't seem to be working.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Medicare and Sleep Apnea Equipment chzuck 12 297 04-10-2024, 01:47 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  CPAP and Medicare and yearly Rx renewal silverchief2 8 304 04-08-2024, 06:58 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Medicare Providers for Airmini Supplies knitsafghans 4 255 03-15-2024, 11:07 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Equipment] Phillips DreamStation Replacement & Medicare oneeyeopen 3 282 02-29-2024, 01:29 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Medicare & Re-Ordering Supplies oneeyeopen 12 1,015 02-07-2024, 08:10 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  AirMini and Medicare (USA) bwilson4web 0 290 02-01-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: bwilson4web
  Medicare (US) and CPAPs KSMatthew 4 426 12-16-2023, 10:24 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.