Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Wild and Crazy CPAP story
Wild and Crazy CPAP story
I just got off the telephone with a guy talking about a CPAP machine. I am in the process of liquidating my CPAP collection to those that need them. So I'm getting random phone calls and I get to talk CPAP and how one goes about the process and how one may obtain a machine or replace a machine and if I'm lucky I get to help someone out.

The fellow i just got off the phone with actually has an older machine looking for a new home, its been stored in a barn and I'm likely going to pass it up. The story begins.

He's a vet and he's been on CPAP for over 10 years. He's due for a replacement machine and I've advised him to talk to his doctor because he has COPD as well and hasn't seen a doctor in over a year. 

We talk for a little while about how CPAP makes a world of difference in our lives and he said he has been using a nebulizer unfortunately and he's been struggling with that therapy, but he informed me of his trick. He likes to put his nebulizer meds (2 doses) in his humidifier tub before he goes to sleep!! He said it fixes him right up!! My mind was blown away.

Then we get back to the machine he's willing to rehome. I said it was stored in a barn, as it has been for a couple of years. However, he doesn't need it anymore as he isn't painting old tractors anymore. Yep. The, incredibly nice, guy was using an old CPAP machine with an extended hose for fresh air to paint tractors!

It took all i had to keep it together, he was dead serious.
Jesse

Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
RE: Wild and Crazy CPAP story
Supplied air respiratory protection, LOL. I used positive air purifying respirators (PAPR) and self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA) when I worked for EPA and entered hazardous environments for inspections and compliance matters. All painters are familiar with supplied air as a standard in paint booths. I don't think a CPAP can generate the flow rates needed to ensure a constant flow of clean air in a mask through the kind of long tube that would be necessary to isolate the machine intake from paint fumes, but better than nothing I guess. Good story of down-home innovation.

Good call on passing on that machine.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Does he have any CPAPs in John Deere Green?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Beginner's Guide to Sleepyhead and OSCAR
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-09-2018, 08:34 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Does he have any CPAPs in John Deere Green?

Dielaughing
Jesse

Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Really neat Christmas feel-good story S.L. Ping Beauty 0 706 12-20-2017, 11:01 PM
Last Post: S.L. Ping Beauty
  Feel-good story of the day: Thanksgiving Grandma... S.L. Ping Beauty 0 740 11-26-2017, 02:12 PM
Last Post: S.L. Ping Beauty
  Feel-good story of the day: Walmart Cashier... S.L. Ping Beauty 5 1,042 11-25-2017, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Apnea Infant
  Funny story -- Joke's on me. justMongo 4 1,545 03-12-2015, 02:37 PM
Last Post: Homerec130
  ACA aka Obamacare: Share your story! cowboy1970 15 4,197 03-16-2014, 04:04 PM
Last Post: zonk
  Howdy Folks- New Member- My Story AaronMac1979 3 1,847 11-10-2013, 09:30 PM
Last Post: me50

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.