Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] Can't get the ramp function to work properly
Can't get the ramp function to work properly
Good morning,
I'm new to this site and this is my first post, so please bare with me.  I have a Philips Dream Station that is about 3 years old.  Since I've first started using it, when i first turn it on, I have been able to hit the ramp button and it goes down to 4 until I fall asleep.  If I wake up during the night, I have been able to do the same thing.  Recently, when I first turn it on, the ramp button doesn't work the same.  The pressure fluctuates from high to low and makes it impossible to fall asleep.  I did change some of the settings in an attempt to get the heater back on, but I really have no idea what I've done, if anything.  I watched a few youtube videos and found out how to get into the setup menu by holding down the round button and the ramp button at the same time.  I was able to set the hi/low settings to 5/18 thinking this would help, but it does the same thing.  Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Mac
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Can't get the ramp function to work properly
I suggest you go to the private files are and get your clinician menu and read it.
https://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-p...tup-manual
First Diagnosed July 1990

MSgt (E-7) USAF (Medic)
Retired 1968-1990
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Can't get the ramp function to work properly
I'd like to know why you'd need to use Ramp that delivers poor results for most users. Ramp also hinders proper therapy from being delivered until the Ramp time expires. Your therapy pressure of 5 doesn't need a Ramp reduction down to 4, as again your Ramp just gets in the way of actual useful therapy.

Even so, you should be using OSCAR the free report tool so you can track your therapy data.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tech Nerds-think this battery setup will work for Transcend Micro? johnbrain 6 74 9 hours ago
Last Post: johnbrain
  Lowenstein Prisma 20A - how can I work out energy usage for camping? JamesD0079 4 622 02-15-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: JamesD0079
  Dreamstation 2 ramp time Sir Snoresalot 4 399 01-08-2024, 08:35 AM
Last Post: StratCat48
Sad Unable to get my BiPap treatment even started properly FrustratedSleeper 6 473 11-18-2023, 11:57 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  [CPAP] Airsense P11 hose-dry function ends with loud burst - normal? jharuni 5 725 10-13-2023, 10:20 AM
Last Post: jharuni
  Dreamstation 1 APAP Function Not Working? gary w 4 529 10-12-2023, 12:37 PM
Last Post: gary w
  Finally found through DISE why cpap/bipap/ASV was never going to work for me. logart89 9 1,371 08-01-2023, 09:36 AM
Last Post: logart89

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.