Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Will DME Supplier provide different Mask as Replacement Supplies
Will DME Supplier provide different Mask as Replacement Supplies
When my mask is due to be replaced, can a DME provide a different Mask if I request one?

If so, will the DME resist the request? My prescription states that the mask is my choice.

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Will DME Supplier provide different Mask as Replacement Supplies
You should request whatever mask you want. It is not their choice, although you may want to inquire if they have a trial period if it does t work out for you, you can return and try another.

Some DME's will resist, but most cooperate.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use LINCARE. I was using a WISP mask. I switched to an Airfit P10. When they called at the usual replacement interval, I told them I was using the P10 now and they said OK.

so, no hassle at all.

Post Reply Post Reply
I'm really new to all this, but I can say what happened to me. I was prescribed my CPAP and mask. Went to the DME that called, only to find out I could go to another one close by (who actually was more knowledgable). The first DME asked questions, but ever listened to me and gave me a mask that wasn't right for my facial features (according to the knowledgable DME I saw the second time).

The second place I went to I spoke to the actual Director of all the respiratory therapists at the DME's in our local area. She told me the manufacturers actually give them a total replacement for every mask that is turned in within 30 days with no charge! So ask (always my motto)!
Post Reply Post Reply
I was able to get one trial for "free" from Apnea/Humana. After that I can change it, but only at normally scheduled replacement orders.
I am not a Medical professional and I don't play one on the internet.
Started CPAP Therapy April 5, 2016
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
I was told that I had a 30 day test. I could change without charge, so I did.Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
If you are getting your masks from Lincare, you have to actually GO to the DME to get a new mask. After that, you can then order with your regular supplies any mask you have previously had.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi photosmike,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Just let your DME know that you want to try a different mask.
Hang in there for more responses to your post and much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
My DME (American Home Patient) has been very cooperative in sending different masks and cushions when I request them.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,054 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  HDM Z1 Battery Replacement Ephraim 10 1,822 03-17-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: breinersj
Angry Former CPAP supplier over charging Bwanajohn51 2 168 03-16-2024, 11:13 AM
Last Post: Bwanajohn51
  Medicare Providers for Airmini Supplies knitsafghans 4 150 03-15-2024, 11:07 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Equipment] Phillips DreamStation Replacement & Medicare oneeyeopen 3 201 02-29-2024, 01:29 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Where to send my philips REPLACEMENT machine Rice95 7 1,122 02-29-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Can I buy just the Airsense 10 Motor replacement part? JohnReam 29 9,896 02-26-2024, 08:30 AM
Last Post: srlevine1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.