Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Will OSCAR ever Support the BMC G2S A20?
Will OSCAR ever Support the BMC G2S A20?
Hi. 

I have a BMC G2S A20 and see that it does not support OSCAR.  Will this machine ever be supported?  I have already tried several times to get my doctor to order a unit on the OSCAR compatibility list but it has not happened and my insurance says I need to work with the doctor.  I wish I had the funds to just purchase a Airsense or something.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Will OSCAR ever Support the BMC G2S A20?
Are you volunteering to develop it?
It helps a great deal to have the device you are trying to incorporate.
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh yes I would be willing to do what I can.  I do not have any formal programming experience but I have compiled a few apps from source code over the years.
Post Reply Post Reply
You would be surprised of how many of the programs available today were born out of a necessity by an individual like yourself.  Here are my suggestions to get you started.
  • Study your CPAP's data format.  
  • You probably will need a free hex editor and probably an edf browser.  Most raw data files are in a binary format.
  • Download the free version of Qt (pronounced, "cute") at Qt.io.  I believe Version 5.15(ish) is what is currently being used.  The newer version 6 may cause compile problems and add to frustration while you are learning.
  • Download the OSCAR source code and study how it is constructed.  You can't do much without the source code...  [OSCAR Source Code Download Link]
  • Look particularly at the loader apps for other brands of CPAPs.  This should provide an insight of the commonality of their code.

I'm sure I missed some steps. Hopefully, someone will add to this list.

Good luck!
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sleepware G3 support stanG3 2 95 04-10-2024, 08:44 AM
Last Post: stanG3
  Software support for the Astral 150? Peashee888 11 865 03-28-2024, 08:04 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  Oscar support for Lowenstein Prisma20A pls2000 1 176 03-22-2024, 08:33 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  OSCAR Device Support xxxxqwe 9 394 03-18-2024, 05:59 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  support for AirSense 11 model 39520? roost 1 292 02-12-2024, 07:41 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  BMC G2S A20/Luna II OSCAR support HarryDuBois 9 1,037 01-18-2024, 03:13 AM
Last Post: A KLERK
  Created a program to support Wifi SD card for Resmed and all other devices narual 13 2,374 12-08-2023, 07:29 PM
Last Post: JerryE

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.