Will a Comfort Gel Nasal Mask accept all size cushions?Missed the Airlift P10 by hour
SierraMadreMe Offline

Members

Machine: REMstar Auto A-flex
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Fisher & Paykel FlexiFit
Humidifier: Respironics
CPAP Pressure: unsure
CPAP Software: Other Software

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

Will a Comfort Gel Nasal Mask accept all size cushions?Missed the Airlift P10 by hour
I have a Comfort Gel Mask here that says on the side "Comfort Gel S M" then it says "Not Sold for Home Use".This mask came with the old used machine I bought quite some time ago.The mask and headgear appear to be new,or at least very low usage.(The mask currently has a Medium cushion in it).

My main question is,will this mask accept Small..Medium and Large masks?I'm waiting for the wife to get home then we are off to the computer store to print out a sizing gauge.

I was going to buy a Resmed Airfit P10 at Amazon,and sent an email to my daughter to log on to Amazon and buy me one.By the time she logged on,the listing was gone.Rats.$59.99 + $4.99 shipping.That's a pretty good deal.
(This post was last modified: 04-24-2015 05:31 AM by SierraMadreMe.)
04-24-2015 05:30 AM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
SierraMadreMe Offline

Members

Other Comments:

RE: Will a Comfort Gel Nasal Mask accept all size cushions?Missed the Airlift P10 by hour
(04-24-2015 05:30 AM)SierraMadreMe Wrote:  I was going to buy a Resmed Airfit P10 at Amazon,and sent an email to my daughter to log on to Amazon and buy me one.By the time she logged on,the listing was gone.Rats.$59.99 + $4.99 shipping.That's a pretty good deal.

You know...it took me several days before I came to the realization that people in the US have to have a prescription to buy a doggone mask.What a shame...course,the Dr's like it.Ka-Ching.$$$

The masks can be bought here...for double the price..but I have yet to find a dealer that sells cushions (or parts for that matter).Wouldn't surprise me to hear that they expect you to buy a new mask instead.

I wonder what the rules are for shipping overseas to countries who do not require a prescription?
(This post was last modified: 04-24-2015 09:14 AM by SierraMadreMe.)
04-24-2015 09:12 AM
retired_guy Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: ResMed S9 Autoset
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: Resmed Airfit P10
Humidifier: ResMed
CPAP Pressure: 10.6/14, EPR 3
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: Is it bedtime yet?

RE: Will a Comfort Gel Nasal Mask accept all size cushions?Missed the Airlift P10 by hour
The on-line suppliers can sell you a mask without a prescription. But you have to order it in two parts. One part is the mask, the other part is the headgear. It's ridiculous, but it's how to order a mask without a prescription.

You can as you discovered order them other places, such as Amazon, but you need to be careful to receive a new, un-tampered with mask.
04-24-2015 10:13 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
AshSF Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: PRS1 D560TS
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: ResMed P10, Bkup: Airfit F10 & Quattro Air
Humidifier: PRS1 60 series with Heated Tube
CPAP Pressure: 8 - 8 w/ Aflex 3
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Using APAP mode with fixed pressure

On Amazon, you can buy the whole mask without a prescription. I have bought it from the same supplier at amazon for $59.99+shipping. And earlier from same supplier for $54.99+shipping. Don't worry, the listing should reappear in a few hours/days.

Ultimately, the P10 is worth the wait for a few days. And you would appreciate the contrast between p10 and your current mask - comfortgel.

Started APAP 4-20, Closed range to 7.5-14, then straight 8.0 w/ Aflex 3
RDI always below 1. But sleep much much better at straight pressure.
Started on F10, Tried Quattro Air successfully. Finally settled on P10.
04-24-2015 10:28 AM
worn_out_in_lebanon Online

Advisory Members

Machine: Resmed A10 Autoset
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: F20 (newest Resmed ffm)
Humidifier: Included, ClimateLine tubing
CPAP Pressure: 13-15, EPR:0

Other Comments: I.T. Project Manager. Started CPAP therapy March 16, 2015. Untreated AHI 39.

I don't know the answer, but it's good you're asking the question.

I was about to order an upsized replacement mask cushion for my Quattro Air. I thought the frame accepts either medium or large.
But the Air has a frame per mask size.

However, the F10 which uses the very same mask cushion as the Air, has one frame that accepts both medium and large...

With it marked S M, I would guess it takes small and med but not large. But that's just a guess.

Amazon has a "Her" p10 listed if you're open to that.
04-24-2015 10:34 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
trailrider Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: A10 Autoset for Her
Mask Make & Model: Eson or P10
Humidifier: autoset
CPAP Pressure: 6-12 DME, 7-13 me

Other Comments: engineer. EPR at 3, unheated hose, humidity at 2. Routine hose entanglement.

Sex: Female

Where do you live Sierra? I've used Amazon to get mine. Expensive with shipping and customs added, but still less than what I pay at my DME. P10 pillows can be bought separately.

By the way I had ordered a women's P10 online and was shipped a men's. Also on the side it says "not for resale". Sigh. It works though.
(This post was last modified: 04-24-2015 12:23 PM by trailrider.)
04-24-2015 12:20 PM
SierraMadreMe Offline

Members

Other Comments:

(04-24-2015 12:20 PM)trailrider Wrote:  Where do you live Sierra? I've used Amazon to get mine. Expensive with shipping and customs added, but still less than what I pay at my DME. P10 pillows can be bought separately.

By the way I had ordered a women's P10 online and was shipped a men's. Also on the side it says "not for resale". Sigh. It works though.

I'm in the Philippines.

I can use an alternate means of getting deliveries here,but it takes up to 8 weeks.There are retailers here that sells masks,but I have not found on yet that sells any replacement parts...cushions..headgear etc.
05-17-2015 11:07 PM

Donate to Apnea Board

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Moisture in My Wisp nasal mask Genetini 3 92 12-05-2016 10:39 PM
Last Post: sonicboom
  Sleep Study: Nasal vs. Full Mask harmon k 2 317 11-20-2016 06:38 PM
Last Post: harmon k
  Tubing size jmayer180 7 287 11-14-2016 11:46 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
Question AHI Higher AFter Switch from Nasal Pillows to Full Mask Sleepypokey 8 509 10-26-2016 03:07 PM
Last Post: Kadenz
  Looking for Recommendations on Lightweight *Nasal* Mask (no pillows) Dreams of Green 16 749 10-24-2016 05:20 PM
Last Post: TheDuke
  comfort v. apnea reduction cdm807 4 273 10-18-2016 04:07 PM
Last Post: BadGoodDeb
  Any tips for fitting a ResMed P10 nasal pillow mask? Spy Car 40 2,182 10-15-2016 06:11 AM
Last Post: rwelliot