Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Will a Comfort Gel Nasal Mask accept all size cushions?Missed the Airlift P10 by hour
Will a Comfort Gel Nasal Mask accept all size cushions?Missed the Airlift P10 by hour
I have a Comfort Gel Mask here that says on the side "Comfort Gel S M" then it says "Not Sold for Home Use".This mask came with the old used machine I bought quite some time ago.The mask and headgear appear to be new,or at least very low usage.(The mask currently has a Medium cushion in it).

My main question is,will this mask accept Small..Medium and Large masks?I'm waiting for the wife to get home then we are off to the computer store to print out a sizing gauge.

I was going to buy a Resmed Airfit P10 at Amazon,and sent an email to my daughter to log on to Amazon and buy me one.By the time she logged on,the listing was gone.Rats.$59.99 + $4.99 shipping.That's a pretty good deal.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Will a Comfort Gel Nasal Mask accept all size cushions?Missed the Airlift P10 by hour
(04-24-2015, 05:30 AM)SierraMadreMe Wrote: I was going to buy a Resmed Airfit P10 at Amazon,and sent an email to my daughter to log on to Amazon and buy me one.By the time she logged on,the listing was gone.Rats.$59.99 + $4.99 shipping.That's a pretty good deal.

You know...it took me several days before I came to the realization that people in the US have to have a prescription to buy a doggone mask.What a shame...course,the Dr's like it.Ka-Ching.$$$

The masks can be bought here...for double the price..but I have yet to find a dealer that sells cushions (or parts for that matter).Wouldn't surprise me to hear that they expect you to buy a new mask instead.

I wonder what the rules are for shipping overseas to countries who do not require a prescription?

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Will a Comfort Gel Nasal Mask accept all size cushions?Missed the Airlift P10 by hour
The on-line suppliers can sell you a mask without a prescription. But you have to order it in two parts. One part is the mask, the other part is the headgear. It's ridiculous, but it's how to order a mask without a prescription.

You can as you discovered order them other places, such as Amazon, but you need to be careful to receive a new, un-tampered with mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
On Amazon, you can buy the whole mask without a prescription. I have bought it from the same supplier at amazon for $59.99+shipping. And earlier from same supplier for $54.99+shipping. Don't worry, the listing should reappear in a few hours/days.

Ultimately, the P10 is worth the wait for a few days. And you would appreciate the contrast between p10 and your current mask - comfortgel.
PRS1 Auto & Dreamstation Auto w/ P10 and straight pressure of 8cm
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't know the answer, but it's good you're asking the question.

I was about to order an upsized replacement mask cushion for my Quattro Air. I thought the frame accepts either medium or large.
But the Air has a frame per mask size.

However, the F10 which uses the very same mask cushion as the Air, has one frame that accepts both medium and large...

With it marked S M, I would guess it takes small and med but not large. But that's just a guess.

Amazon has a "Her" p10 listed if you're open to that.
Post Reply Post Reply
Where do you live Sierra? I've used Amazon to get mine. Expensive with shipping and customs added, but still less than what I pay at my DME. P10 pillows can be bought separately.

By the way I had ordered a women's P10 online and was shipped a men's. Also on the side it says "not for resale". Sigh. It works though.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-24-2015, 12:20 PM)trailrider Wrote: Where do you live Sierra? I've used Amazon to get mine. Expensive with shipping and customs added, but still less than what I pay at my DME. P10 pillows can be bought separately.

By the way I had ordered a women's P10 online and was shipped a men's. Also on the side it says "not for resale". Sigh. It works though.

I'm in the Philippines.

I can use an alternate means of getting deliveries here,but it takes up to 8 weeks.There are retailers here that sells masks,but I have not found on yet that sells any replacement parts...cushions..headgear etc.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Transcend (Somnetics) Micro Power Plug Size SteadyState 6 1,790 03-25-2024, 01:14 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
  How can I rectify skin breakage from nasal mask? evenflow 2 98 03-20-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Nasal irrigation sleepingbetterinFl 8 320 03-11-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  How can I tell if my mouth is open with a nasal mask while I sleep? evenflow 15 1,077 03-08-2024, 09:55 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Mask(s) to use after nasal surgery? Wonderlight 17 4,224 03-08-2024, 05:42 PM
Last Post: DoubtFire61
  Tube Size - 12mm, 15mm and 22mm MrIvanDrago 8 472 02-23-2024, 09:31 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Events per hour Trouthead 3 265 02-02-2024, 05:55 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.