Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

number of time i stop breathing
number of time i stop breathing
hello 
from the data from my cpap machine is there a way to see how many time i stop breathing ?
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: number of time i stop breathing
Down load OSCAR from the top of the site. It is totally free. To use it your machine must have a as card. Your machine may not have one but they are quite inexpensive size from 2gb to 32gb. Same type of card used in cameras - you may have one around the house but if you use one you have you will erase what is on it.

Once you have a card and record one night post it to this site and people will answer your questions.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
hello
i already have my rescan software but not sure what to look to see how many time i stop breathing :-)
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Again, OSCAR is very easy to use and download. Most of the people here use it and can comment on it.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
ok i will download and install it thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-17-2020, 11:27 AM)kerm007 Wrote: hello
i already have my rescan software but not sure what to look to see how many time i stop breathing :-)
Thanks

You look at the AHI. You can read this from your machine's display, through myAir, ResScan, or OSCAR.

The AHI is the number of times per hour that you either stop breathing (apnea) or there is a severe restriction in your breathing (hypopnea).
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The OSCAR software is far supperior tot the RESCAN.  It will give you much more data to look at.
Your AHi score is a place to start.  give you the index of how many event per hour..
If you hover your mouse over the the event in the graph it will tell you how long the event was.

You can also choose the event tab on the left and get an overview of each event.  There is lot of different ways you can do it
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Worried about periodic breathing / CA patterns Jorgo 46 1,167 7 hours ago
Last Post: Jorgo
  Air11 now does daylight savings time! cathyf 5 215 03-27-2024, 06:51 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,448 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  TIME FOR SLEEPRIDER'S annual DST WARNING srlevine1 19 624 03-12-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Homerec130
  First time looking at graphs interpretation help smallhandsfeeding 1 245 03-11-2024, 08:12 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  Taking mask off at the same time everynight sleepyman95 2 174 03-08-2024, 12:25 AM
Last Post: sleepyman95
  Alternative Therapy to CPAP (Nasal Breathing) Wcwilson 1 152 03-07-2024, 04:02 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.