Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Will it get better?
RE: [split]will it get better?
(06-16-2014, 10:12 PM)Sleepster Wrote: I'm just cautioning people to not expect miracles.

My original point was that nothing will get better by just waiting for it to get better. If it's not satisfactory, it's going to take changes and persistence.

Anyway, good luck! I hope you get everything working well.

Terry
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: [split]will it get better?
(06-17-2014, 09:32 AM)tcarmen Wrote: My original point was that nothing will get better by just waiting for it to get better. If it's not satisfactory, it's going to take changes and persistence.

I understand that, but I think it's both.

Persistence is required, I don't advocate that we just wait for things to get better. We need to get involved in our own care and take action when necessary.

On the other hand, I know that just waiting can also help. A lot. Many of us need to allow ourselves to adapt to CPAP therapy.

I want to encourage people by letting them know that as their body and mind adapts to CPAP therapy many of the things about it that bother them will stop bothering them.

Not getting a good night's sleep can be a result of the fact that you've had a hose attached to your face. After awhile that will no longer bother you and then you can get a good night's sleep. Some people are lucky in that they adapt in a few minutes, for others it takes us weeks.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Will it get better?
Been at it since 21 May and these last two days have been pretty good (as far as feeling good). Also happens that my AHI has been below 1 the last 2 nights as well. I want to see the graph from last night though. The night before, the events only went up to 2 and that is the least it has been. I usually spike up to anywhere from 4 - 8. I'm hoping this continues (the feeling better), but I also know it'll be a process. All the advice and words of encouragement and patience are certainly appreciated.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.