Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Will my insurance pay for Cpap supplies?
Will my insurance pay for Cpap supplies?
New to Cpap, How do I find out if my insurance will pay for my cpap supplies ??
Have been having trouble with compliance. Doctor gave me thirty more days to comply.
Airtouch F20 was recommended because my leak rate was too high. Was told this may be whats stopping my
compliance. The price of this mask is stopping me right now.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: The new Resmed Airtouch F20 full face mask
(12-20-2017, 07:37 PM)Busdriver58 Wrote: New to Cpap, How do I find out if my insurance will pay for my cpap supplies ??
Have been having trouble with compliance. Doctor gave me thirty more days to comply.
Airtouch F20 was recommended because my leak rate was too high. Was told this may be whats stopping my

Busdriver, are your concerns regarding compliance based on using your Resmed Elite II CPAP?  How could you be using such an old machine and still be monitored for compliance?  There are many reasons compliance could be a problem, not the least of which, you are using a 10 year old machine that does not easily provide data.  I would really like to help you get appropriate equipment and answer your questions, but perhaps we should move this to your thread started in August. http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...-data-card 

Is your doctor willing to prescribe a newer CPAP machine. As far as coverage, you have to contact your insurance by phone or internet, and request a list of in-network providers for DME your area.  If you have met deductible and co-pay requirements, and have a prescription, most insurance policies do cover durable medical equipment, sometimes at 100%
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-20-2017, 07:37 PM)Busdriver58 Wrote: New to Cpap, How do I find out if my insurance will pay for my cpap supplies ??

What I've done in the past was call my insurance customer service phone line. That's what I'd try here. Give them a call and see what is covered. The process they have to obtain supplies can be discussed as well.

Dave
lots-o-coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Question 
Busdriver: Reading your posts it seems that there are a couple of missed stepping stones along your journey. I have been on CPAP/BIPAP for more than 40 years. Back in the old days the masks were awful. There were few to choose from and leaks were impossible to stop. The bridge of my nose was always raw. The machines were like having a mini-jet engine beside your bed, AND I had to come up with $1500 out of pocket to pay for it. Insurance companies did not cover anything at that time. Others have advised you to check into getting a more modern machine and that is good advice. I am using a Resmed ASV and it is great.
But before you do any of that, you need to have a conference with yourself and make up your mind to use it. Determine that compliance is not optional. That means that you put the mask on and leave it on. I have been 100% compliant for many years, but that was not easy to do. It is a decision that you will have to make for yourself ( and it is FOR yourself!). Once you do that...
As for the mask. my personal favorite is the F20. Most comfortable and most effective, I do wear it very tight (some might say TOO tight), but it has no leaks.
I hope you will take what I have said seriously and in the spirit of helpfulness. It really is your decision.

All the best!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Will my insurance pay for Cpap supplies?
Thanks for all help ! Have since gotten the dreamstation pro as this is what my dme has . I use the f20 mask. I am now compliant and very comfortable using my machine. I sleep with it every night. Love this board ! Very helpful.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok Busdriver58,

That's a good step for you in getting the new machine. If you could update your sidebar, this will help in future help assistance. Find your UserCP at the top of the page. Next, find Edit Profile and change the machine and other info as required and Save changes.

Best wishes on your success.

Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
You're welcome.

Hope all's well with the therapy.
Post Reply Post Reply
Whew!  Who doesn't like reading good news!  Big Grin
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Medicare Providers for Airmini Supplies knitsafghans 4 100 03-15-2024, 11:07 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Airsense 11 Auto and insurance compliance and data reporting to sleep doctor sausagesrolex 1 221 03-01-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  Changing CPAP Machine & DME/Insurance & Supplies StratCat48 3 255 02-10-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Medicare & Re-Ordering Supplies oneeyeopen 12 835 02-07-2024, 08:10 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] Beginner Must Have Equipment/Supplies PoutinePrincess 7 363 02-07-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Extra Supplies Columbiabill 2 379 12-28-2023, 03:15 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Anyone Ever Had Insurance Cover Nightly Oximeter cmpman1974 35 2,794 12-12-2023, 04:11 PM
Last Post: cmpman1974

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.