Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Broken Bipap-Use my old Autosense?
Broken Bipap-Use my old Autosense?
Hi - My Resmed Vauto is completely broken and has to be sent for repair.  Is it possible to manage (better than doing without anything) for the next 3-4 weeks using my old ResMed Autosense?  My settings on the Bipap were about 9-18 with a PS of 2.0. No one has any loaner machines due to the Phillips situation, and my DME won't even answer the phone. My sleep without anything is really horrible and I thought maybe I could use my old machine and get a little sleep.

Thank you for any help!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Broken Bipap-Use my old Autosense?
No problem. The Airsense 10 Autoset will provide the same therapy with setting of 11-20 with EPR full time at 2. You can try lower pressure but this will provide an identical pressure and pressure support to your Vauto.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Broken Bipap-Use my old Autosense?
(06-22-2021, 11:53 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: No problem. The Airsense 10 Autoset will provide the same therapy with setting of 11-20 with EPR full time at 2.  You can try lower pressure but this will provide an identical pressure and pressure support to your Vauto.

Yeah!!! That makes me so happy!! Trying to sleep without my machine is not a good experience, to put it very very mildly....

Thanks so much!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 254 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  bipap Innisfree 2 421 12-12-2023, 07:00 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Resmed 37028 Autosense Whines SleepHungry 18 933 11-24-2023, 01:54 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Dreamstation LCD Backlight Broken FatSleeper15 0 335 09-19-2023, 08:09 PM
Last Post: FatSleeper15
  Help with bipap Al N 7 697 09-14-2023, 06:15 PM
Last Post: Al N
  Fixed pressure BIPAP vrs Auto BIPAP (UARS) tugboatxd 0 689 03-29-2023, 04:13 PM
Last Post: tugboatxd
  Power connector on Resmed 11 Autosense mzipp 4 578 03-04-2023, 12:30 PM
Last Post: sauerkraut

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.