Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Win10 PC won't shut off
So my partner decided to update to Win 10. Not a big deal, we were going to do it anyway. We did it while I was home and I shut up Cortana, did the ShutUp10 program, and that was it. All things I have done to my PC and my laptop. Then it got weird.

If you do the Shutdown, it shuts down, light on case goes off. Fans are off. All is quiet. For about three-five seconds. Then it boots back up. The only way to make it go all the way off and stay off is to unplug it.

Another problem it had is it seemed to not wake up from Sleep. But I figured out it was turning off the monitor and then not turning it back on. Once I told it to never turn off the monitor, it hasn't done it since.

I have the power settings the exact same as my desktop but it still will not stay shut down. I know there are differences in the hardware. I'm going to uninstall the wireless wifi adapter we briefly used to see if that is part of it. It is not plugged in but the software is still there.

Any other clues??!!

Or is the demon from my APAP also in the desktop? Wouldn't surprise me.
PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Probably needs to stay on so MSoft can use the computer for peer-to-peer updates.
I'm joking a little -- but, I think the P2P should be shutoff as it's a bandwidth stealer.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Fairly certain I have that turned off. That's what I love ShutUp10 for. Let's you shut off all those things and explains them.
PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

had the same problem with my PC and searched high and low for a solution. Only thing that worked for me was reseating the RAM - no idea why though.

good luck.
Post Reply Post Reply
Check manufactures web site for a bios update.

Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. Access through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry Win10 icon in system tray DeepBreathing 34 4,595 06-05-2015, 12:32 PM
Last Post: Homerec130