Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Windburn?
Windburn?
Last night was my best night yet in the 2 weeks I've had the machine.
Used my Respironics WISP with a size L cushion; was comfortable with it for a bit over 8 hours with an AHI of 0.2.

What's not to like? My nose is RED and Sore! Not the part under the cushions as I would expect, but the part that is out in the interior space of the mask. It feels like windburn more than anything else.
THe Aloe/Emu cream has help a bit, but I do not think I can wear that mask tonight - too sore!

Anyone ever experienced this, and have any tricks for avoiding or mitigating the problem?

thanks!
Dave
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Windburn?
Never had that problem in +9 years. Also can't imagine intentionally not using my cpap for a night... ever. If I had the problem, I would figure a way to work through it while still using the cpap.
[size=x-small]Current Settings PS 4.0 over 10.6-18.0 (cmH2O) BiLevel Auto
Post Reply Post Reply
Wash the mask daily and wash your face before masking up, and don't over tighten the straps
This might helps, Wisp mask liner from "pad a cheek"
[Image: P4165582-250x187.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
I wash the mask daily. And the cut-out in the liner posted above is where the RED is - arghh.

I will use my CPAP tonight, just not with my Respironics WISP. Which, so far, gives me better results than my P10. But P10 here I come.

thanks
Dave
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.