Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Windows 10
Remoted into my spare computer and I see that it is now downloading the Windows 10 "update". 2,699 MB.

[Image: Win10.PNG]

Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. Access through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Post Reply Post Reply
You are nominated as our Alpha tester.
I hid the GWX.exe update from Windows Update.
[Image: 1F4m9Ift.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-29-2015, 09:01 AM)AlanE Wrote: Remoted into my spare computer and I see that it is now downloading the Windows 10 "update". 2,699 MB.

Mine is in the process of installing now...

Post Reply Post Reply

Good luck!....

Storywizard
Post Reply Post Reply
I expect my POS Lenovo laptop may start downloading Windoze 10 any minute now. Maybe it will work a little better. Don't mind it as my primary is my Mac and the laptop is just so I have something with Windoze on it.

I will keep everyone advised as to my comments about it.

Homer
Post Reply Post Reply
So far I'm not terribly impressed. I was on Windows 7 before, Windows 10 seems slower. But it still seems to be indexing so maybe it'll pick up speed once it's done. Whenever I search for anything it says "We're getting search ready" and it's been like that for a couple of hours now. Also the Metro interface doesn't seem to be working properly, sometimes I can go to it and just start typing to find an app other times it doesn't respond when I do that. Again that could be related to the indexing...

Post Reply Post Reply

I'm glad that I still use XP. I don't do change well.
Regards;
Lex Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
Forget it, almost every Metro app would start then crash.

I'm going back to Windows 7 and will wait until the put out the first service pack for 10.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yep. I'll take advantage of the freebie but only after the first patch/service pack. I have the disks to go back to 7 if I want to. What I'll do is get another hard drive first since it is something I need to do. I'll copy everything over to the new drive then do the upgrade on the old drive. If it survives, done. If not, I have the new drive to use.
PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

(07-29-2015, 03:32 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Yep. I'll take advantage of the freebie but only after the first patch/service pack. I have the disks to go back to 7 if I want to. What I'll do is get another hard drive first since it is something I need to do. I'll copy everything over to the new drive then do the upgrade on the old drive. If it survives, done. If not, I have the new drive to use.

There's an option within Windows 10 to go back to whatever you had installed previous (Windows 7/8/8.1). I've already rolled back to 7, it restored that faster than I expected - only took about 30 minutes.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  December 2016 security monthly quality rollup for Windows 7 justMongo 8 896 12-31-2016, 07:51 AM
Last Post: JonC
  Still want Windows 10 for free? AlanE 1 441 09-23-2016, 07:23 PM
Last Post: AlanE
  Windows 7 and 8.1 Users Crimson Nape 20 1,148 08-25-2016, 08:10 PM
Last Post: FrankNichols
  Windows 10 - Install Heads-Up and a Vent Crimson Nape 11 646 07-24-2016, 02:51 PM
Last Post: justMongo
  It's Windows update Tuesday justMongo 8 1,379 02-10-2016, 07:04 PM
  Sysinternals Suite update (Windows) AlanE 1 481 01-12-2016, 07:38 PM
Last Post: DariaVader
  what's wrong with this fragment of windows batch code? justMongo 18 2,068 09-16-2015, 10:46 AM