Mask Make & Model: ResMed Swift FX
Humidifier: ResMed S9 H5i
CPAP Pressure: 16-20
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead EncoreBasic

Other Comments: Happy PAPper

Sex: Undisclosed

RE: Windows Defender
(03-01-2015 12:36 AM)surferdude2 Wrote:  
(02-28-2015 11:42 PM)me50 Wrote:  So, the big question is, can I have Trend Micro and Defender at the same time?

No. If you install and run two different AV programs at the same time, you will be vulnerable to attack and have performance issues as well.

I don't agree with the idea that two different AV programs make you more susceptible to attack in general, but it is very common for two AV programs at the same time, they may cause performance problems, so it's usually not a good idea.

BTW, malwarebytes free is different because you install it and only run it when you need to check something. It doesn't scan for malware when you run programs, only when you run a scan. You need a full time antivirus in addition to malwarebytes. It's usually OK to have both malwarebytes and another antivirus program on the same computer.

Get the free SleepyHead software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
03-01-2015 01:03 AM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
me50 Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: resmed S9 VPAP Auto
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Wisp and Silicone Head gear
Humidifier: resmed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 18/8
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Undisclosed

(02-26-2015 10:50 PM)surferdude2 Wrote:  Yep, You've been hi-jacked by an imitation anti-virus program that will report that you have severe problems that they can fix if you buy their software. Download and install MalwareBytes Run it and allow it to quarantine everything it finds. Normally that will get you back to normal. This type of malware isn't as destructive as a virus so you're not in that category. If you have trouble downloading MalwareBytes due to the pop-up screen, hold down the ctrl key and press the F4 key. That should close the pop-up screen. Repeat as needed.

I tried to send you a PM but I can't do that so would you send one to me with the link to malwarebytes

03-01-2015 01:31 AM
surferdude2 Online

Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed S9 AutoSet
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: Mirage Quattro & Optilife
Humidifier: ResMed H5i @ #3 if nose breathing & #5 if mouth breathing
CPAP Pressure: 12 ~ 20 & 11 ~12 if nasal mask
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: Late stage 2 emphysema

Sex: Male

The link below will get you reliable information from a person that I regard as an expert since I have participated in a forum with him many years ago and he had a great reputation even then. His alias is Quietman7 and he has performed tens of thousands of responses for the purpose of helping users with their infected computers. As far as I'm concerned, he's the go to man when you need answers about AV programs. This link will get you his canned response that was rendered in a forum to covers a wide range of questions and will usually suffice to get you on the path to either get your system cleansed or to protect it from infection. I have found that his advice is accurate and reliable beyond any doubt so you can trust that what he says is backed up by many years of in-depth experience.

As we all know, or should know, there is no 100% effective AV program and there is no "one size fits all" program. Each person must decide what is best based on how much drag he will tolerate on the system versus the level of protection he feel is sufficient for his particular data.
03-01-2015 08:45 AM

Donate to Apnea Board

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Still want Windows 10 for free? AlanE 1 162 09-23-2016 07:23 PM
Last Post: AlanE
  Windows 7 and 8.1 Users Crimson Nape 20 655 08-25-2016 08:10 PM
Last Post: FrankNichols
  Windows 10 - Install Heads-Up and a Vent Crimson Nape 11 400 07-24-2016 02:51 PM
Last Post: justMongo
  It's Windows update Tuesday justMongo 8 1,015 02-10-2016 07:04 PM
  Sysinternals Suite update (Windows) AlanE 1 355 01-12-2016 07:38 PM
Last Post: DariaVader
  Windows 10 AlanE 103 9,682 11-17-2015 12:12 PM
  what's wrong with this fragment of windows batch code? justMongo 18 1,725 09-16-2015 10:46 AM