Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Winnipeg, Manitoba Users?
RE: Winnipeg, Manitoba Users?
(03-19-2018, 12:44 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: I have never know of anyone that was able to convert the CPAP to an Autoset or even a higher level of CPAP like the Elite.  I think it is what it is.  Sad attitude, but what I would expect from a government medical supplier that is required to issue the lowest price device that meets the requirements.

Supplier 32 states on "About Us": Warranty: Respironics and ResMed offers their standard 3 years manufacturer's warranty for manufacturer's defect(s) on CPAP machines. We facilitate the process for our clients to honor manufacturer's warranty on a case by case basis.

Warranty issues are rare, but the Supplier is an authorized reseller, while some online entities may not be.  Most of our listed suppliers are also DMEs but don't handle insurance.  They still have the ability to honor warranties.

You have pretty much confirmed what I suspected.
DMEs are probably losing out to online retailers, and will use any scare tactic they can!

Sad commentary - I can buy a second machine as my 'warranty' and still come out ahead.

About to do some more reseasearch and order one online.

Thank you
Post Reply Post Reply
Since this thread came back alive, I thought I should update people... Manitoba's coverage is changing in April. We no longer have everything covered, but rather have to pay the first $500 for a new machine or supplies. That means we're basically on our own for everything but a new machine. So I'll be using my DME (whose prices are exorbitant) only to try on a new mask before buying online. Whenever the issue for a new machine comes up, I'll see if the province will reimburse me for part of an online order, or if I have to go through a DME. If the latter, then I'll just eat up the cost, since the DME will give me a brick for a much higher price than I can get for a good machine online.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have seen Dreamstation Auto and Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset start at CAD$6xx and CAD$7xx respectively from a Canadian online dealer.

My local DME's AirSense 10 Autoset APAP package (with $325 mask) was $2500 here in Alberta. Lucky that my insurance paid for it all, no deductible. 5 year warranty included.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-20-2018, 03:19 PM)DaveY Wrote: I have seen Dreamstation Auto and Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset start at CAD$6xx and CAD$7xx respectively from a Canadian online dealer.

My local DME's AirSense 10 Autoset APAP package (with $325 mask) was $2500 here in Alberta. Lucky that my insurance paid for it all, no deductible. 5 year warranty included.
Regardless of what your DME charges, it is not worth any more than what you would pay from Supplier #32.  Fictitious prices are not useful to anyone.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-19-2018, 05:59 PM)ateeluck Wrote: Since this thread came back alive, I thought I should update people... Manitoba's coverage is changing in April. We no longer have everything covered, but rather have to pay the first $500 for a new machine or supplies. That means we're basically on our own for everything but a new machine. So I'll be using my DME (whose prices are exorbitant) only to try on a new mask before buying online. Whenever the issue for a new machine comes up, I'll see if the province will reimburse me for part of an online order, or if I have to go through a DME. If the latter, then I'll just eat up the cost, since the DME will give me a brick for a much higher price than I can get for a good machine online.

Our DME gave me the 'brick' on the healthcare dime. I'm currently trying to decide how to proceed. My Remstar auto is still going for now. Just may dismantle it to add a drop or two of sewing machine oil on the driveshaft. (Always have the brick to fall back on if I screw up!)
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,232 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  [CPAP] Breas Z2 users? acctingman 18 3,157 10-30-2023, 09:58 AM
Last Post: MontezumasViper
  Any Resmed AirSense 10 users near Bend OR? I’m traveling and need help. Mbranning 4 557 10-24-2023, 11:35 PM
Last Post: Mbranning
  New to CPAP - on week 4 of 6 week trial - Any Sefam S.Box users out there? Kingsway 14 1,718 07-26-2023, 02:59 PM
Last Post: dbcpap
  WARNING to CPAP Users: PREPARE for the Unexpected - When the power goes out SuperSleeper 231 120,252 07-21-2023, 05:07 AM
Last Post: baffled
Smile An AWARD for FFM users with 0% leaks sleepyzzz 9 924 07-21-2023, 01:33 AM
Last Post: snorin2
  BMC CPAP Machine - Any users? aktmdn 7 886 07-18-2023, 07:43 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.