Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Wireless Quit on AirSense 10
Wireless Quit on AirSense 10
Greetings,

My wife's AirSense 10 stopped communicating with ResMed MyAir a few days ago. Looking into it, I see that the wireless bars are missing and there is a circle/slash symbol there instead. I checked, and it is not in Airplane Mode. Just no bars.

My AirCurve 10 in the same room is working fine, so the CDMA wireless signal is present in the room.

I remove and download the SD cards every Sunday and it seems to be associated with that. The last data in MyAir is from Saturday night. But there is no error for the SD card and it is still storing data on the card. I am able to download subsequent data, it just never gets sent to MyAir.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
This space for rent.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Wireless Quit on AirSense 10
You might want to contact the DME. If her data is no longer being monitored for compliance, they may have discontinued the mobile link. You still have access to the much more detailed efficacy data.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Have you tried a reset? Turn off and unplug for a while - someone else might know how long.
I am not a Medical professional and I don't play one on the internet.
Started CPAP Therapy April 5, 2016
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
there should be no correlation whatsoever between your looking at the SD card and the cellmodem activity.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-30-2016, 05:52 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: You might want to contact the DME. If her data is no longer being monitored for compliance, they may have discontinued the mobile link. You still have access to the much more detailed efficacy data.

Perhaps. But we got our machines on the same day and mine is still working. Plus, I don't think the DME ever was monitoring. We carried SD cards in to the doc every 3 months.

(04-30-2016, 05:53 PM)FrankNichols Wrote: Have you tried a reset? Turn off and unplug for a while - someone else might know how long.

I had it unplugged for a couple of hours this afternoon, yes. Is it possible it needs longer?

I also tried moving it to the other side of the bed where mine gets a good signal. No joy there either.

(04-30-2016, 05:54 PM)palerider Wrote: there should be no correlation whatsoever between your looking at the SD card and the cellmodem activity.

I agree. I just mentioned it for completeness.

This space for rent.
Post Reply Post Reply
With the A10 plugged in and blower off; go into My Options, scroll down and select About, scroll down to Internal Modem.

Mine shows:
SW SX558-0308
SN 23152100078
Provider (blank)
Type CDMA
Service (blank)
Signal -69dBm (shows 5 bars on signal bars)

Yours might show ---dBm (no signal)

The better the signal the more positive the dBm number; -30 is better than -60

Things to try:
1.) check Signal level on AirCurve to get a baseline for your location.
2.) swap power supplies to rule out that failure possibility.
3.) just for testing: move AirSense to another location and note Signal level.
4.) enable and disable Airplane mode and re-power unit just for grins. My unit sometimes takes a while to find a decent tower.

Not much help, but something to try.

Just my personal opinion.  My posts are not medical advice or a statement of fact.  Please consult a qualified physician or other qualified medical personnel.  Please comply with all applicable laws, codes, regulations, and protocols.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks!

I have it unplugged again and am going to leave it for a while. I'll try this all later or in the morning though.
This space for rent.
Post Reply Post Reply
I had that happen. Cell modem failed on it. Enjoyed the fact the no one (DME specifically) could grab my data. But when the insurance came looking for compliance info, I had to have my machine replaced. Now, that I own my machine, I can airplane mode it. Though tempted to open up the case and pull the connector.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-30-2016, 07:46 PM)sdb7802 Wrote: Things to try:
1.) check Signal level on AirCurve to get a baseline for your location.
I get -75dBm on mine, on my side of the bed. If I move it to her side and use her power supply, it goes up to -68dBm. So her side has the stronger signal. But I did notice mine is taking longer than normal to lock onto the signal. I have no idea what the signals were a week ago, but I know mine always got 5 bars quickly. Now it takes half a minute and I get just 4 bars to start with. Then it goes up to 5. I wonder if we have a local tower having trouble and her radio is just less sensitive.

(04-30-2016, 07:46 PM)sdb7802 Wrote: 2.) swap power supplies to rule out that failure possibility.
Done, per above.

(04-30-2016, 07:46 PM)sdb7802 Wrote: 3.) just for testing: move AirSense to another location and note Signal level.
No signal where ever I put it. I tried setting it on top of mine and using my power supply and it acts the same.

(04-30-2016, 07:46 PM)sdb7802 Wrote: 4.) enable and disable Airplane mode and re-power unit just for grins. My unit sometimes takes a while to find a decent tower.
Sad

(04-30-2016, 07:46 PM)sdb7802 Wrote: Not much help, but something to try.
But I appreciate it none the less. Thank you.

(04-30-2016, 09:58 PM)AlanE Wrote: I had that happen. Cell modem failed on it. Enjoyed the fact the no one (DME specifically) could grab my data. But when the insurance came looking for compliance info, I had to have my machine replaced. Now, that I own my machine, I can airplane mode it. Though tempted to open up the case and pull the connector.
I think I still have warranty. It's just over a year old. No one snoops at our data but we like the MyAir site for quick checks on status. We always have the option to review in ResScan and SleepyHead but for a quick check, MyAir is nice.

Is there any kind of hardware reset? Like: unplug power, press and hold the home button, dance naked under a full moon, then plug power back in?
This space for rent.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-01-2016, 05:32 PM)LanceC Wrote: Is there any kind of hardware reset? Like: unplug power, press and hold the home button, dance naked under a full moon, then plug power back in?

Nothing documented.

ResMed warranties the CPAP unit for 2 years. "Warranty claims on defective product must be made by the initial consumer at the point of purchase."
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 612 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Need Input on AirSense 10 vs AirSense 11 b4 Ordering New CPAP mdmarmd 13 2,183 01-14-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: scowell
  ASV, N20, EERS?, How I quit mouth tape. Rich66 0 475 10-01-2023, 05:34 PM
Last Post: Rich66
  [Symptoms] Quit Nicotine and AHI and CA are worse ApneaND 0 260 09-23-2023, 12:39 PM
Last Post: ApneaND
  Oscar wireless to my pc? Or iPhone app? Dolla Bill 3 660 08-26-2023, 07:04 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [Equipment] Wireless transfer not enabled (grey), Resmed 10 autoset Galletto1959 2 547 06-10-2023, 05:55 PM
Last Post: Jeff8356
  feeling like i should not have quit cpap threatment mugen4u 3 598 05-10-2023, 10:15 AM
Last Post: mugen4u

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.