Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Wireless SD Card to transmit data to Desktop Computer?
RE: Wireless SD Card to transmit data to Desktop Computer?
(03-14-2014, 12:14 AM)milkeywayday Wrote: I have a related question - Sleepyhead will import data from any folder, but ResScan seems to need a physical SD card to read from. Is there a way to change configuration or options in ResScan so that it will read from a folder? If not, even if you can get the files from the wifi card to the computer, it seems you would then have to copy the files onto a SD card in the computer in order to import into ResScan, if you wanted to use ResScan instead of or as well as SleepyHead.

Since FlashAir works as a stand alone Wireless LAN access point, FlashAir embedded devices are able to both send files to and receive files from each other. Buy 2 FlashAir cards. Leave one in the S9 AND have one in your desktop computers sd reader slot.

Think about it.

Very similar concept to what Herb mentioned above (copying it to a local sd card always plugged into his PC) but taking out the PC for the communication piece. I understand your theory, but do not understand how you plan on getting the cards to "replicate" to each other. What are you using to base your "flashair devices are able to send files and receive files from each other" theory on? I must have missed that in product description somewhere.
Post Reply Post Reply
I doubt that we have any facility on the SD Card to write a script for the various functions, but it is possible that there is a Linux system that that can be accessed and used for scripting.

My plan was to put the script on the PC, to pull from the (single) WiFi SD Card (in the S9) to a standard SD Card in the PC.

...and base is on file change date to overwrite so we would only pull newer files.

I am considering (as a second cut) having the script look for a "stable" date on the current file before pulling -- this way it would notice when you turn the machine off and just sync then.

The first version would probably just work manually by the user explicitly starting it. It might not be worth the time and complexity to create a scheduled task or a daemon to check the card automatically.

It would be nice to just get up and ignore the whole thing until you wanted to view your data it would already be on the card local to the PC and ready to load.
Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
My tests of this are not quite complete. Even though my new AirCard arrived on Friday, my schedule was full all weekend with a major incident at work and a video shoot project personally so there wasn't enough time.

It does look like the AirCard isn't going to work since it requires adding a top level directory and the Resmed machine software unreasonably refuses to accept any other files or directories -- at least at the root level.
Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

Post Reply Post Reply
I suspect the power for the SD card comes from the S9, as it does for any standard SD card. So as long as the power is on the S9 he can talk to it.. turn it off.. and it cannot.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hun, are you responding to my last message?

Yes, the power comes from the device (S9, camera, whatever).

Problem is the AirCard needs it's config file (and directory) and the S9 will not accept ANYTHING (at least in the root) extra, not a file nor a directory.

We might be dead in the water; I am trying like mad to think up some scheme for tricking one or both of them (AirCard or Rescan) but haven't hit on even a good idea yet.

Due to that "power thing", I can't even put it in the machine, get it on the net, pull it briefly and delete the config file (without the Aircard OS going down) then put it back into the machine.

I guess that would be something to TRY, but it's pretty certain the AirCard is going down the instant it is removed from the machine.

Ideas?

EDIT:

Wait a MINUTE:

Why can't we:

1) Put the AirCard in the S9 with the configuratin
2) The S9 will bitch and offer to format it
3) We'll reach over the net and delete the configuration directory and contents
4) THEN let the S9 format it
5) S9 is happy, and we only have to put the config back if we take the card out of the machine OR turn off the power.

Problems:

#3 -- I don't know if we can delete files and directories across the net.

#5 -- DOES THE S9 FULLY POWER OFF DURING THE DAY? If so, we lose our network again.

It's starting to look like the AirCard is NOT going to work. Disappointing.
Sweet Dreams,

HerbM

Post Reply Post Reply
Personally I just grab the card, read in the data (archive it) leave only the last day on the data card, and put it back in..
If you put it back with no data in the DATALOG folder, the unit puts the last day back on the card (no detail). You can accidently overwrite good detail data:-( when you reload the next time, if you overwrite your data.

So for me I do not see it as a gain to go out and buy a wireless SD card.

I can use the exercise going upstairs to the bedroom to get the card and take it back up:-) burn at least .1 calories:-)
Post Reply Post Reply
Has anyone tried it on a PR machine yet ? I haven't ordered a air card yet , was waiting to see if anyone else figured it out.
Post Reply Post Reply
Bumping this because I'm very curious if there's been any advancement in the last year or so. It'd be nice if I didn't have to rotate out cards.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-06-2015, 02:15 PM)StoopidMonkey81 Wrote: Bumping this because I'm very curious if there's been any advancement in the last year or so. It'd be nice if I didn't have to rotate out cards.

Take a look in the software forum or post your question there.

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-S...port-Forum
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thread moved to the Software Support Forum.

StoopidMonkey81, as an FYI, there are currently two free software packages Apnea Board members are using for these types of things, FlashPAP and Sleep Master.

FlashPAP thread is here:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...rd-utility

Sleep Master thread is here:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...a-transfer

CPAP Software FAQ & Links are in a "stickie" thread at the top of this Software Support Forum (direct link here).

Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 78 Today, 01:07 AM
Last Post: Ibrumley
  Need Computer drivers for Contec CMS50D+ Oximeter TomElgin 3 237 03-02-2024, 05:27 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data GordK 3 292 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: GordK
  Data structure / data definition of AirSense 11 CD, CMSd50+ or OSCAR?hing obvious, … Perickson 4 1,630 02-18-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Perickson
  AirSense 11 Data download csv file vs. card tkblizard 3 494 12-29-2023, 04:33 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Archive SD card data txrpls 3 803 12-18-2023, 07:11 PM
Last Post: txrpls
Exclaimation Import CSV from computer KK7X 2 546 10-29-2023, 05:27 PM
Last Post: KK7X

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.