Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Wireless connection issue in Canada on AirSense 10 Autoset?
Wireless connection issue in Canada on AirSense 10 Autoset?
Hi there, does anyone have the same wireless connection issue like mine: my AireSense 10 Autoset lost wireless connection since July 4, and its screen is showing a not connected signal at the corner. The service provider ever told me it was because of the manufacturer's server issue in Canada. Does anyone in Canada or Vancouver, BC (where I am living) has the same problem? 

I ever brought this cpap to WA, US last month for vacation, the connection was working well in US during those a couple of days. 

Any suggestions? Thank you guys very much for the time to review my issue here.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Wireless connection issue in Canada on AirSense 10 Autoset?
Hi josephww,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for answers to your question, good luck with CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Well you got me to sign in to MyAir for the first time in months, and it has my last two weeks, anyway. So the server is working OK. ResMed uses a cellular connection to collect its data, so it might be that a cell tower has changed. You might try moving the CPAP machine (temporarily) closer to a window or outside wall, just like you would with a cell phone.

Failing that, you could download Sleepyhead (link at the top of the page) and start using it to keep track of how well your therapy is working...It's free software, written by a fellow hosehead down in Australia. Our wiki has a guide to getting started using it, and lots of people here use it and help others to use it to optimise their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi there, thanks very much for your response to my post. I have used this machine for over two years. I tried to switch different locations in home but didn’t work at all. Is this a machine defective the device provider should take care of? By the way, I just started to use ResScan tool to check my SD data too.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-23-2017, 04:11 PM)josephww Wrote: Hi there, thanks very much for your response to my post. I have used this machine for over two years. I tried to switch different locations in home but didn’t work at all. Is this a machine defective the device provider should take care of? By the way, I just started to use ResScan tool to check my SD data too.

According to my DME, who called up ResMed while I was there, ResMed has changed the cell provider and it is no longer available in Canada. I had brought the machine in asking to be tested to see if the cell modem still worked. The modem still works according to them, but ET can't call home any more.

The data is still written to the SD card and you can use SleepyHead or ResScan to view it, but MyAir is not available from Canada any more, or at least that's what my DME told me Resmend told them. Just checked and I can log on to the MyAir site but there is no data being collected anymore.

This also means that the DME cannot read your useage figures from their office via ResMed anymore.
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply
As I mentioned, it is working for me in Ontario. So maybe it's just BC or Western Canada - I'm not sure of the telecom companies out there....
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for the quick response with details. Yes, maybe this is the case Resmed doesn’t provide cellular connection in BC any more. It’s not convenient for us.

Got it, thank you for the information
Post Reply Post Reply
I was in Montreal at the end of August and beginning of September and it was not working there at least during that time.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
But it is working when you are in the US, right?
Post Reply Post Reply
I would assume it is not working while in Montreal because the machine thinks it is roaming, and it will work again when back home.

Both Quebec and Ontario are covered by the Bell Canada network of cell towers; I'm guessing my machine would work in Montreal.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 6 475 7 hours ago
Last Post: Phaleronic
  CPAP toppled over/water issue Visitor 7 7,318 03-17-2024, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Willow85
  Airsense 10 / Oscar clock issue. pixpop 1 76 03-15-2024, 07:35 PM
Last Post: pixpop
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 0 94 03-08-2024, 03:36 PM
Last Post: jed3
  ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet and Oscar Bucktilley 4 183 03-05-2024, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Bucktilley
  hypertension issue PaulaO2 19 621 03-04-2024, 05:56 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
Question A New Machine Issue and Another Thing! pamm777 1 168 03-02-2024, 05:12 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.