Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: flex fit 407
Humidifier: System one
CPAP Pressure: 7-10 auto
CPAP Software: Not using software

Other Comments:

Sex: Male
RE: Wireless modem
I really get the feeling no one is looking at this information. When i requested a new machine, they should of had data that suggested that i am a continuous user and would want me to stay healthy and gladly fitted me with a new machine. I also feel insurance companies don't believe in CPAP, as a therapy. I could go on and say that CPAP corrected more issues with my health and may have even cost the insurance company more. Any thoughts?
12-21-2012 03:15 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
PaulaO2 Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: S9 Autoset
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 14-20
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Hypermobility Type; chronic sarcasm

Sex: Undisclosed

It is a well beaten dead horse.

If they spent more money and encouraged early prevention and treatment, they'd save a crapload of money. But because they don't, they then balk at having to pay so much money for treatment that could have been prevented or for treatment of a condition like sleep apnea. They'd rather pay to have multiple sleep tests and for continuing visits to a DME to collect only compliance data vs insisting we get autoPAPs and education. Then, because they're focused more on compliance and not education, they think that so many of us stop using the machines is proof we aren't really "ill" from it. So they keep paying out for blood pressure medication, stroke repair, etc.

PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
12-21-2012 03:28 PM
Turf101 Offline

Members

Machine: Remstar Pro C-flex + Auto IQ
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: flex fit 407
Humidifier: System one
CPAP Pressure: 7-10 auto
CPAP Software: Not using software

Other Comments:

Sex: Male
The wheels on the bus.
I would like to thank everyone for your replies, and wish everyone a Merry Christmas. You have all been so helpful and I really feel comfortable here. This site has helped me and I'm sure will continue to help me and I still have more to share. May God bless all of us in his infinite wisdom.

Turf
12-22-2012 09:59 AM

Donate to Apnea Board

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Angry Resmed Airsense/Telstra 2G wireless kerput JamesW 2 199 11-24-2016 11:08 PM
Last Post: JamesW
  DreamStation - Can I use SD card and modem at same time? mcsheltie 2 256 10-28-2016 04:48 AM
Last Post: Ockrocket
  [CPAP] wireless viewing from cpap to computer sherryl10 10 771 08-24-2016 12:20 AM
Last Post: wubisnotanabbreviation
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 73 17,659 07-27-2016 07:42 PM
Last Post: wubisnotanabbreviation
  System One + Flash Air WiFi + Modem? Will it all work? marc31 4 321 07-18-2016 11:58 PM
Last Post: DariaVader
  Should I give modem back to DME pupcamper 22 1,480 05-10-2016 06:38 PM
Last Post: Luvmyzzz
  Wireless Quit on AirSense 10 LanceC 17 1,436 05-07-2016 11:34 AM
Last Post: AlanE