Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Wireless modem
RE: Wireless modem
I really get the feeling no one is looking at this information. When i requested a new machine, they should of had data that suggested that i am a continuous user and would want me to stay healthy and gladly fitted me with a new machine. I also feel insurance companies don't believe in CPAP, as a therapy. I could go on and say that CPAP corrected more issues with my health and may have even cost the insurance company more. Any thoughts?
Post Reply Post Reply
It is a well beaten dead horse.

If they spent more money and encouraged early prevention and treatment, they'd save a crapload of money. But because they don't, they then balk at having to pay so much money for treatment that could have been prevented or for treatment of a condition like sleep apnea. They'd rather pay to have multiple sleep tests and for continuing visits to a DME to collect only compliance data vs insisting we get autoPAPs and education. Then, because they're focused more on compliance and not education, they think that so many of us stop using the machines is proof we aren't really "ill" from it. So they keep paying out for blood pressure medication, stroke repair, etc.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
The wheels on the bus.
I would like to thank everyone for your replies, and wish everyone a Merry Christmas. You have all been so helpful and I really feel comfortable here. This site has helped me and I'm sure will continue to help me and I still have more to share. May God bless all of us in his infinite wisdom.

Turf
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,634 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
  [Equipment] Replacement Cellular Modem DMAllen 18 5,799 02-25-2024, 05:36 AM
Last Post: Neo2020
  Does my ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto have a modem? Morseman 4 265 02-05-2024, 05:32 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 modem/provider mystery richapple 4 567 12-22-2023, 09:33 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  de-activate modem dreamstation2 advanced The Rog 0 356 10-18-2023, 12:45 AM
Last Post: The Rog
  Oscar wireless to my pc? Or iPhone app? Dolla Bill 3 662 08-26-2023, 07:04 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Airsense 10 with modem safe from suppliers? HappySailor 3 767 07-02-2023, 12:54 AM
Last Post: HappySailor

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.