Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Wish to have zero pressure at exhaling
RE: Wish to have zero pressure at exhaling
Hi Guy,

The seller is willing to give me a Resmed or a bi-level machine for a few days trail (not sure if one or both…). which one is preferred? Which setup should I use with the Resmed? The bi-level?

Meanwhile I proceed using the Prisma, playing with the setup parameters to see what happens, will update you.

Thank,
Arik

Post Reply Post Reply
ResMed AutoSet (Auto CPAP) 7-15 EPR 3
BiLevel EPAP Min 4, IPAP Max 15, PS 3

Both of these are similar to the current settings on your machine. Run these settings then post detailed results (Sleepyhead) and adjust from there.

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-09-2019, 04:53 PM)bonjour Wrote: ResMed AutoSet (Auto CPAP) 7-15 EPR 3
BiLevel EPAP Min 4, IPAP Max 15, PS 3

Both of these are similar to the current settings on your machine.  Run these settings then post detailed results (Sleepyhead) and adjust from there.

Fred

Hi Fred,

Apparently, what I got from the seller is Resmed VPAP III ST with RS232 as an interface...

I found the user manual in the Internet. I can change EPAP and IPAP pressure and mode of operations (CPAP, Spontaneous, Spontaneous/timed and Timed). Also I have to tell the machine respiratory rate and some other factors that I'm not familiar with. PS3 is not found in the menus.
Anyway, I'll give it a try. The disadvantage is that I have no idea how to get the clinical data out of it. I'll judge it according to my feelings the day after.
If you have any idea, please let me know. I'll keep you updated on the results.
Thanks,
Arie
Post Reply Post Reply
That Resmed S8 VPAP III ST will not produce useful data. It is a fixed bilevel machine that has a timed backup mode if you use ST mode, or normal bilevel in S mode. To enter the clinical menu, press the right and down arrows simultaneously for about 3 seconds until the word "clinical" appears. Select Menu, then use the left and right arrows to cycle through the settings. Use the up and down arrows to make adjustments. The clinical manual is available from Apnea Board by requesting the ResMed VPAP III & III-ST. Send an email to: apneaboard@gmail.com and put "Setup Manual" (without the quotes) in the subject line. Then, in the body of your email put ResMed VPAP III & III-ST. The manual will be emailed.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Difficulty Exhaling with Nasal Pillows? chill 24 11,117 04-08-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: cant exhale
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 19,030 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  Any downside to using static pressure vs range pressure? hejohoo 6 989 09-08-2023, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  [Pressure] Pressure suggestions to reduce ear pressure? rv88 0 669 05-24-2023, 05:43 AM
Last Post: rv88
  FFM HELP: no leaks, no nose bridge pressure and no headgear pressure on back of neck? koy23 6 1,590 01-22-2023, 07:33 PM
Last Post: koy23
  Problems exhaling but not all the time. tsgoodwin23 4 622 10-13-2022, 05:10 PM
Last Post: tsgoodwin23
  Problems exhaling and scared Jazzmynn 7 1,190 07-29-2020, 04:06 PM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.