Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Wisp Mask: Plastic Or Fabric?
RE: Wisp Mask: Plastic Or Fabric?
It's hard to see in pictures, but if you look at the frame from the top, you can see that the frame gets slightly thicker about half an inch (1 cm) out from the center section. That change results in a stress concentration on the outside, which is where mine cracked. Easy to find with a fingernail, hard to photograph with a point&shoot camera.
My DME says that the AirFit N20 has a new cushion similar to the Wisp's, and that the frame is sturdier - and she admits that theirs is a Resmed (largely) shop, so I'm withholding judgement until I can try one.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-27-2017, 03:21 PM)pholynyk Wrote: It's hard to see in pictures, but if you look at the frame from the top, you can see that the frame gets slightly thicker about half an inch (1 cm) out from the center section. That change results in a stress concentration on the outside, which is where mine cracked. Easy to find with a fingernail, hard to photograph with a point&shoot camera.
My DME says that the AirFit N20 has a new cushion similar to the Wisp's, and that the frame is sturdier - and she admits that theirs is a Resmed (largely) shop, so I'm withholding judgement until I can try one.

One thing that intrigues me about the N20s (vs the Wisp) is that it is said to have a diffused venting system similar to the P10s.

While I cound not get the P10s to work for me, I loved that one could barely feel the venting vs the steady stream from the Wisp.

Bill
Post Reply Post Reply
I have an N10 and it is small and prone to leaks. Because of the small mask the air rushing in is right on the nose and it makes it sore
Post Reply Post Reply
I am trying the strap pad on my fabric Wisp and I really like it.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have used the plastic framed Wisp with absolutely no problems for three years.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] water chamber strong plastic odor twdc33 2 356 01-24-2024, 10:19 AM
Last Post: twdc33
  Wisp stats mousetrap 6 3,554 09-08-2023, 10:27 PM
Last Post: Lucky7
  CPAP mask straps are loose and no longer keep the mask on my face WWu777 8 2,528 03-29-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Resmed P30i pillow mask user unable to get beyond 1.5 hr on mask Roy289 28 3,216 09-27-2022, 10:47 AM
Last Post: Roy289
  WISP Nasal Mask users Gus Wah 5 839 07-23-2022, 10:53 AM
Last Post: pholynyk
  Advice for f and p vitera mask leaks full face mask accetableplaintain 2 3,757 03-23-2022, 09:37 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  AirSense10 plastic smell dankboy422 10 2,024 09-22-2021, 03:26 PM
Last Post: Big Guy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.