Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Wisp mask - interesting leak results
RE: Wisp mask - interesting leak results
Ok, I think I am getting all this sorted out now. Smile

But hey, if one mask gets you better results I say go for it.

Cheers!
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-23-2013, 07:12 PM)JJJ Wrote: So now I am trying to figure out a way to cut down the leaks. I am going to adjust the headgear a bit starting tonight, but I suspect that I will get better results only when I go to a nasal mask liner. Unfortunately, I can't find any nasal liners that list the Wisp in their sizing data, since it is brand new on the market. I e-mailed RemZzzs just now, but I bet they respond that they have no idea which of their liners to use.

Well, well, well. Within an hour of sending the e-mail to RemZzzs I got a reply from their "night service person" (because they were closed before I sent the e-mail). She said they were aware of the Wisp but had no experience with it yet. She offered to send me a couple of complimentary six-night trial kits to see how they worked with the Wisp.

I immediately replied, thanking here, giving her my postal address, and promising to report back with the results.

+1 for RemZzzs Smile

Edit: This morning they called to make sure they had my address correct and to further discuss the shape and size of the three cushions that came with the Wisp. The samples are going out in the mail today (Jan 24).
Post Reply Post Reply
Let us know how the RemZzzs work for you JJJ.

I have used the Wisp for a little over a week now and love it!!! I guess my nose is a "good fit" for the mask. Too-funny

Don't recall having the issues with leaks during the 3 months I beta tested this mask last summer. Guess I need to download my data into SH and EncoreBasic.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
When you received your Wisp mask, did you get all three of the cushions and the template to properly choose the cushion?

My Wisp mask included the following cushions:
  • Petite Mask cushion
  • Small/Medium cushion
  • Large cushion

If you are having issues with leaks, could it be possible you might have a larger cushion than you should have??

My Wisp also included a template to choose the proper cushion.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-24-2013, 08:34 PM)cbramsey Wrote: When you received your Wisp mask, did you get all three of the cushions and the template to properly choose the cushion?
My Wisp mask included the following cushions:
  • Petite Mask cushion
  • Small/Medium cushion
  • Large cushion
If you are having issues with leaks, could it be possible you might have a larger cushion than you should have??
My Wisp also included a template to choose the proper cushion.

Yes, my mask came in the sealed package from Respironics, complete with all three cushions, the template, and instruction sheets in French and English. I didn't pay attention to the template until just now, because the respiratory therapist at the DME where I bought the mask fitted it for me. He had been using one himself for a couple of weeks. I am really pleased with this DME. because it is a large organization and they get advance stuff all the time. Plus, their service is excellent.

After reading your post I took the template out of the package and held it up to my very pedestrian nose. I measured exactly in the middle of the small/medium size, which is what the respiratory therapist recommended.

I am actually having fewer leaks than with other nasal and nasal pillow masks I have tried, even though the leaks are still a bit high. I am a very active sleeper. I roll from one side to the other all night long. Masks get dislodged. I have high hopes that the RemZzzs liners will help (great company!). If they don't solve the problem I guess the next step will be superglue. :grin:
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-24-2013, 10:44 PM)JJJ Wrote: I am a very active sleeper. I roll from one side to the other all night long. Masks get dislodged.
me too, toss and turn a lot
everyone is different
I find the Activa LT nasal mask can be worn loose and the cushion maintain a good seal even when tossing and turning
also the chinstrap helps to keep the mask in place and minimize mouth leaks (two birds in one stone Too-funny )
the Activa LT gives the choice of two mask cushions (Activa LT and SoftGel) on one frame

http://www.resmed.com/au/products/mirage...c=patients

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-24-2013, 11:15 PM)zonk Wrote:
(01-24-2013, 10:44 PM)JJJ Wrote: I am a very active sleeper. I roll from one side to the other all night long. Masks get dislodged.
I find the Activa LT nasal mask can be worn loose and the cushion maintain a good seal even when tossing and turning
also the chinstrap helps to keep the mask in place and minimize mouth leaks (two birds in one stone Too-funny )

Unfortunately, anything in front of my eyes like the forehead support on the Activa would make me scream and rip the evil alien thing off my face.

But on one point you were dead on: "everyone is different."
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-24-2013, 10:44 PM)JJJ Wrote: Yes, my mask came in the sealed package from Respironics, complete with all three cushions, the template, and instruction sheets in French and English. I didn't pay attention to the template until just now, because the respiratory therapist at the DME where I bought the mask fitted it for me. He had been using one himself for a couple of weeks.

It's about time I added some details about the cushions. I supplied these dimensions to the RemZzzs people so they could figure out what size liners they should send me (still have not arrived Sad ). Note that the cushions are a little smaller than most nasal masks:
[Image: attachment.php?aid=353]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I don't like forehead supports either.
Sometimes I use a Zeo and it sits in the exact same spot on the forehead as the support would.
I also need to put on my glasses at times to get up in the middle of the night to resolve issues now and then.

Cheers!
Post Reply Post Reply
I have the Wisp mask from my DME supplier here in Canada and I must say it is extremely comfortable! As a first time CPAP user I had no problem adapting to it! It is a bit pricey at $275 a piece but insurance covered it.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oscar CPAP Optimization Results-Awesome!? SeePak 18 353 11 hours ago
Last Post: SeePak
  [Treatment] Help with interpreting OSCAR results 6bez8dF5lf 7 187 Yesterday, 10:13 AM
Last Post: 6bez8dF5lf
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 14 326 04-13-2024, 12:00 PM
Last Post: chronic
  Test results Kmzizzle 18 1,522 04-12-2024, 10:36 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [Treatment] New to CPAP but keen to learn - Please could you help with results and Q's? JustinWoods 19 1,950 04-10-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Help interpreting my results (and hello!) mluck94 4 144 04-08-2024, 10:18 AM
Last Post: mluck94
  Leak Spikes and A Break in Flow blu15 9 1,255 04-06-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: avhenry

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.