Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Wisp mask - interesting leak results
RE: Wisp mask - interesting leak results
(02-05-2013, 05:55 PM)wasserware Wrote: I have the Wisp mask from my DME supplier here in Canada and I must say it is extremely comfortable! As a first time CPAP user I had no problem adapting to it! It is a bit pricey at $275 a piece but insurance covered it.

Yikes! My DME told me the regular price was $175 for insurance billing, but they would "see what they could do" since I was paying out of pocket. I ended up paying US$120. That price is par for the course, compared to other masks, but $275 is outrageous.

Still waiting for the RemZzzs liners to arrive. They were supposedly shipped on January 24. Meantime, 95% leaks hover around 30 L. Sad

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-05-2013, 10:45 PM)JJJ Wrote:
(02-05-2013, 05:55 PM)wasserware Wrote: I have the Wisp mask from my DME supplier here in Canada and I must say it is extremely comfortable! As a first time CPAP user I had no problem adapting to it! It is a bit pricey at $275 a piece but insurance covered it.

Yikes! My DME told me the regular price was $175 for insurance billing, but they would "see what they could do" since I was paying out of pocket. I ended up paying US$120. That price is par for the course, compared to other masks, but $275 is outrageous.

Still waiting for the RemZzzs liners to arrive. They were supposedly shipped on January 24. Meantime, 95% leaks hover around 30 L. Sad

fortunately my insurance covers 100% of the purchases but next time when I need to buy out of pocket I'll use one of the online retailers.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-05-2013, 10:45 PM)JJJ Wrote: Still waiting for the RemZzzs liners to arrive. They were supposedly shipped on January 24.

JJJ,

You need to call RemZzzz and ask them if they really shipped them to you, I requested mine on a Friday and had them on the following Monday, I do live closer to them than you do but you should have received yours within 4 business days, they shipped mine via First Class mail.

Ren

Post Reply Post Reply
maybe "Becky at RemZzzs" can help
see post #8 ... RemZzzs CPAP Mask Liners thread in " Commercial Posts"
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-07-2013, 03:06 AM)zonk Wrote: maybe "Becky at RemZzzs" can help
see post #8 ... RemZzzs CPAP Mask Liners thread in " Commercial Posts"

Yep, direct link to that post is here:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...5#pid20415

Becky put her personal RemZzzs work phone number there. Give her a call.

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the info. I just called Becky at Nature Design. It turns out that they have a new shipping system and she hit the wrong button, closing the "ticket" instead of shipping the liners. She was apologetic and is shipping them priority so I should have them Monday.

I'm hoping that they will get my leaks under control. As soon as I have had some time to try them out with the Wisp I will post back on the results.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-07-2013, 01:04 PM)JJJ Wrote: Thanks for the info. I just called Becky at Nature Design. It turns out that they have a new shipping system and she hit the wrong button, closing the "ticket" instead of shipping the liners. She was apologetic and is shipping them priority so I should have them Monday.

Yeah, for some reason, I got an email from them regarding your shipment stating that "a ticket had been opened" for you. I was like "huh?"... Not sure why it went to my apneaboard@gmail.com email address - perhaps you sent Becky a note via the forum and that's what happened.

Anyway, glad she got it straightened out.

Coffee
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-07-2013, 04:04 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote: Yeah, for some reason, I got an email from them regarding your shipment stating that "a ticket had been opened" for you. I was like "huh?"... Not sure why it went to my apneaboard@gmail.com email address - perhaps you sent Becky a note via the forum and that's what happened.

That is bizarre. I copied their support e-mail address from their web site and set them an e-mail from my mail client (Claws-Mail). All future e-mail has been through my mail client. I never sent them an e-mail from the forum. I didn't even know you could do that.Dont-know

Oh well. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-07-2013, 04:45 PM)JJJ Wrote: That is bizarre. I copied their support e-mail address from their web site and set them an e-mail from my mail client (Claws-Mail). All future e-mail has been through my mail client. I never sent them an e-mail from the forum. I didn't even know you could do that.Dont-know

Oh well. Smile

Yeah, it is weird. Here's the email I got (with the personal info stripped out):

Quote:Dear Apnea Board Forum,

We would like to acknowledge that we have received your request and a ticket has been created with Ticket ID - [removed].
A support representative will be reviewing your request and will send you a personal response.(usually within 24 hours).

To view the status of the ticket or add comments, please visit
[link removed]

Thank you for your patience.

Sincerely,
Naturs Design, Inc. Support Team

Maybe Becky used the forum email system to send this, who knows... Dont-know
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-07-2013, 01:04 PM)JJJ Wrote: Thanks for the info. I just called Becky at Naturs Design. It turns out that they have a new shipping system and she hit the wrong button, closing the "ticket" instead of shipping the liners. She was apologetic and is shipping them priority so I should have them Monday.
I'm hoping that they will get my leaks under control. As soon as I have had some time to try them out with the Wisp I will post back on the results.

True to her word, the RemZzzs liners arrived yesterday and I tried one last night.

She sent me samples of four different liners to see which would work best with the Wisp. (See my previous post for a pic showing how the dimensions of the Wisp cushions are very small compared to most nasal masks.) After trying on each of the four samples I decided the best option was their model S10-NS, which is designed for various other masks. The S10-NS has the smallest nose opening of the four samples she sent, which was what I needed for the medium Wisp cushion.

The instructions say to lay the liner on the cushion, then bend your head down to place your nose in the cushion, then bend your head back up while holding the cushion and liner in place, and finally hook the headgear snaps in. I found this impossible. Before receiving the liners I assumed they would be slightly tacky to assist in positioning, but they are just elastic fabric. As soon as I try to place my nose in the cushion the liner would fly off and land on the floor. After a while I tried the reverse: I tilted my head back and applied the liner around my nose, and then placed the mask on. My nose kept the liner in place while putting the mask on.

Now the bad news. Last night I had the worst leaks since starting to use the Wisp several weeks ago. One night's data is not much to go on, so I will continue experimenting with the liners but, as a leak suppressant, so far they are a failure. Sad

Has anyone tried superglue? Too-funny
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mouth leak with new machine LaraM 0 32 8 hours ago
Last Post: LaraM
  Airsense 10 - AHI account for leak rate? FriedRice 9 240 Yesterday, 06:16 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 532 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,411 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 133 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Fixed mask leak, but flow limit seems to be increasing AHI emile.leplattenier 3 142 03-19-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Large leak panic sleepingbetterinFl 3 153 03-19-2024, 07:48 AM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.